Sign in to follow this  
argeme

CTD over south America

HiI have CTD everytime I fly to SCEL (happens in the area about 100 km north of SCel). It happens at all time of day and in all seasons but only in this area.I observe that it might happen when using the GPS (default) but on all aircrafts. But I dont know if it is only a coincidence. I removed the SCEL airport scenery and the addon-mesh for chile/argentina. Again it did not solve the problem.I think it might be the landclass that could be the problem. I have default landclass for that specific area. But where do the find the landclass in the filemaps ? And on which of the FS9 CDs do I find the landclass for a reinstall ?I have tried to reinstall Scenery/same/scenery but it did not helpThanks

The first thing to do, is to create/save a Flight using something like the default Lear. This flight should be saved just prior to where the CTD occurs, so you can repeat the flight while troubleshooting the problem. After that, it is process of elimination. Start by turning the Graphics down to the minimum, this troubleshoots Autogen scenery problems.If it still CTD after this, try going to Addon Scenery Library and disabling all but the basic Addon SceneryIf it still CTD after this, try renaming the Scenery folder in Addon Scenery, this will troubleshoot a bad AFCAD file. It starts getting ugly after this, when you have to try to Troubleshoot a bad Module in the Module Folder, or something in the Aircraft folder. Reinstalling and carefully exporting the old files to the new installation till you find the problem works too. KJ

I have CTD everytime I fly to SCEL (happens in the area about 100 km north of SCel). It happens at all time of day and in all seasons but only in this area.
Please advise what DLL is attributed as the cause of this. Without that, one can only guess at the problem.If you aren't sure how to do this, see http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfinding.php for more info.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Hi John and KJThanks for your responds.John: I dont get any error report fra fs9 - it just closes down.KJ: I have now deleted all my addon scenery and it seems that one of these are the problem. So now I go reinstalling them, checking out which addon creates the problemthanks

John: I dont get any error report fra fs9 - it just closes down.
Thanks for that - that usually suggests something outside Flight Simulator is clashing with it, notwithstanding that something unique to that area is the root cause.I would recommend checking that your screen/video drivers and DirectX are up to date.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org