Sign in to follow this  
Lynxboy

Fatal Errors, Smart Assembly... help...

Hi there,Well, I had FSX running smoothly for a while now, that was until I decided to try out FSPassengersX again (demo).I then experienced crashes to desktop saying FSX had done a fatal error and was restarting. I have since uninstalled FSPX and won't even consider buying it, yet the errors still continue. I had a few last night, the most annoying was just as I was about to finish flying a STAR to land at Geneva! I get the fatal error message and then another error message box appears with the code '0xC000014B'. It allows me to view the error log in detail, which I've attached to this post in the hope someone can decipher it and advise what is causing the problems. I thought i'd give FSX another go just now and as I reached the runway to take off, I accidentally hit the keyboard shortcut for 'Save a flight' instead of ATC. It brought up the box to save a flight, which I cancelled. It then hung and crashed. It seems that the crashes I'm experiencing relate more to the accessing of menus from within the game. However on my last crash, an error came up regarding Smart Assembly (?)."This feature requires that {smartassembly} is available on this computer" - not sure what this relates to either??I have the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak added to my FSX file; the only other recent changes made to my FSX installation is the update of Amsterdam X scenery from v1 to v1.03 and also I've added REX Overdrive.Any help would be most appreciated as all these errors are getting me frustrated beyond belief!Adam.P.S. Just tried uploading the Notepad file I'd created with the error log in it but it won't let me attach it to my post so am pasting it below:====0xC000014BSee the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014Bat System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal)at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()at rexwxengine2.controls.ucLoadAircraftLocation.DefWndProc(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlibAssembly Version: 2.0.0.0Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------rexwxengine2Assembly Version: 2.5.2010.32992Win32 Version: 2.5.2010.0820CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Real%20Environment%20Xtreme%202.0/rexwxengine2.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.FormsAssembly Version: 2.0.0.0Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------SystemAssembly Version: 2.0.0.0Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.DrawingAssembly Version: 2.0.0.0Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnectAssembly Version: 10.0.61259.0Win32 Version: 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61259.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll----------------------------------------msvcm80Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.4927Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4927CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5/msvcm80.dll----------------------------------------System.XmlAssembly Version: 2.0.0.0Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------System.ConfigurationAssembly Version: 2.0.0.0Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll----------------------------------------System.DataAssembly Version: 2.0.0.0Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:<configuration><system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

Adam Smith

Guest firehawk44

The exception code 14b indicates your system is under a lot of strain and using too many computer resources. FSX, with sliders set high can do this, even moderately high depending on what you are flying and where you are flying. REX Overdrive can also be a real killer for systems like yours and mine. Personally I'm going to wait to install anything "REX" until I update my system. It does look like an awesome program though! If you have the real weather systems running on your computer, FSX may work for a bit but will eventually crash or turn into a slide show as the real weather programs, even the default, can bring a mediocre system down to its knees and the latest and greatest systems working much harder than usual after awhile. This is why I very rarely use real weather especially if I'm using commercial payware aircraft or flying into areas that have photoscenery. Smart Assembly is an error belonging to the dotnet framework. You should have Version 4.0 installed (check your list of installed programs)and, if not, update the program. If you do have it installed, it evidently did not install correctly. Just goto the dotnet website and download the latest version and reinstall it (you may have to uninstall the one sitting on your system first). It fixed the Smart Assembly error for someone else here on AVSIM by reinstalling Version 4.0 and it should work for you too. I would also uninstall REX and see if the error occurs again. Via Google, most of the people who got the 14b exception error blamed it on REX and it turned out to be too much for their system. Hope this helps!EDIT: Forgot to add that according to Google, the exception code 14b is also related to an old version of the dotnet framework.Best regards,Jim

Hi Jim,Many thanks for your informative post.I've been running REX 2.0 since 2009 without any problems, in fact, I'd been running it on a less powerful machine prior to upgrading earlier this year. I did think my machine was quite good - 3.2Ghz quad core, 4Gb RAM, 1Gb GPU and all that. I have researched overclocking but it's not something I feel too comfortable with so leaving that aspect of improving the speed of my computer alone.I thought i'd give REX Overdrive a try since it's release, I may consider uninstalling this to see it's effect, if any. It just seems a bit odd that these problems have appeared since the installation of FSPX. I had installed the FSPX demo earlier in the year but had similar problems, uninstalled it and in the end, had to faff with my FSX installation to get it right. For now though, I'll update my .NET framework to v4 and see how this impacts- don't particularly know much about .NET and it's use.Again, thanks for your help Jim, most appreciated.Kind regards,AdamEDIT: Just checked my Programs list and it says v4.0 of the Microsoft .NET framework is installed. I'll remove it and reinstall.

Edited by Lynxboy

Adam Smith

Guest Daniel42

0xC000014B is a 'broken pipe' exception. A pipe is a communication channel between two applications. SimConnect sp2 offers add-on's the posibility to use pipes to communicate with FSX.A 'broken pipe' is a situation were one end of the pipe no longer exists, while the other tries to communicate using the pipe. So, if FSX did crash (or for some reason closed the pipe) and the Addon would use the pipe, the add-on would receive the 0xC000014B exception.Daniel