Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Broken weather reporting station?

Every time I fly out of my home airport (1SO) with real world weather, visibility is limited to 10 miles at ground level, which puts everything in a mucky haze. Usually, once I get in the air things clear out.I just tried it again with real-world weather. In the sim, everything is gray. In the real-world, looking out my Window, it is a nice, clear, crisp day ... not very hazy at all.When I check the reporting station for this area (Mchord Air Force Base), it shows 10 miles visibility.Could it be that the reporting station is just giving out bad data? Any way to address this other than manually updating the station every time?

I just got the duats for at 2:07 est for Mchord.Last observation was at 12:55 pm est. Visibilility is reported at 7 miles, 15,000 few, 20,000 scattered.As far as if your problem always occurs-clear out your weather by selecting the clear weather scenerio-then re download and see if that fixes it.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

>I just got the duats for at 2:07 est for Mchord.>Last observation was at 12:55 pm est. Visibilility is reported>at 7 miles, 15,000 few, 20,000 scattered.Hi'ya Geof,7 miles seems like awfully low visibility for a clear summer day. I understand haze is a factor, but I am a few miles southeast of Mchord and and it's not that hazy today. Mount Rainier (45 miles away) is certainly very visible.Maybe there's some visibility factors related to flying that I just don't understand, but I've certainly never seen a cloudless summer day where you look up and the sky is gray rather than blue.

That is what the station is reporting-so that is what you are going to get-at least in fs! :-)I just checked again-ktcm still reporting 7 miles visibility. I tried active sky also (which uses different data than duats)-it also reports 7 miles V. (at 3:15 est)http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

>That is what the station is reporting-so that is what you are>going to get-at least in fs! :-)Yeah ... which kind of falls back to my original question .. whether there is something fouled up with the reporting station.