Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

ATC Window Auto-close, & GPS ?

Is there a method to have the ATC message window close automatically - after they contact "your" aircraft ? I have ATC set to auto-close all the ATC "chat" messages, but, in the midst of handling my "18" fingers trying to get set for a GPS / ATC / transition approach...... I just wish the ATC window would close (auto) after they call me - for being too high, too low, left, right, etc. LOL !Ok, next,I'm flying very short IFR 737 flights within Florida to "try" to learn the basics of the new GPS functions. Before departure, but after loading my flight-plan, I look at he GPS "Proc" options for my arrival airport. All the approaches are there...... I look at weather, decide "guess" which arrival option & transition I want, and load it -- (not activate).Here's the catch... when I arrive in the "approach zone", I pull GPS "Proc" back up, and the specific "Transition" I wanted, is no longer an option ? Not even listed in the menu ???My error (probably) - but - why would a transition show prior to departure, and - then not show at arrival....... ???(PS: Had my first very unpleasant experience with the "memory leak", "overload", "AutoGen" problem on arrival into Tampa (KA-IFR). Scenery was great - but I could have taken snapshots of "each frame" on approach as the system grinded down to 7-8-9 fps.) Huh ?(Guess we're into hitting the "alt" key prior to aporach to keep FS running clean) ?Ron6F2D2.8P4PE9700 Pro1 meg Kingston PC2700 DDR SDRamAudigy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"Is there a method to have the ATC message window close automatically - after they contact "your" aircraft ?"Interesting question, I've often wondered the same. Also would love to get rid of the text in the upper right hand corner identifying which view you're in when you cycle through views...

"autoclose atc window?"You mean without responding? My window closes as soon as I press a number unless there is another response required...sg

SG,Todays example; Lear, IFR KSJC-Tucson (doesn't matter where). Enroute, I'll get the call from center to chg. contacts, I chg. frequencies, contact, etc. When I get the acknowldgeent of contact "back" from the new center, the next screen pops up offering options (higher cruise level, lower, new destination, etc.) It stays there until next ATC message - does not close automatically like others. Same on approach frequencies and center - after you have rec'd & acknowledged you approach preferences or accepted ATC's assignment. After acknowledging everything, another ATC window opens - offering alternative approach, alternative runways, etc. I'd prefer all ATC windows auto. close after I accept.... if possible.Appreciate any comments - if this is normal, or if I am missing a setting...... again.Thanks,Ron