Sign in to follow this  
htfc

Flight Unlimited Series Forum

Hi,Last year I posted a quick tutorial on altering the cockpit displays on aircraft for this sim for users of Nvidia graphics cards.I needed it myself today and noticed it had been deleted for some reason - is there any way to get it back on for others that may need it ?Thanks...........Stuart

Stuart:Your file was more than likely deleted because it was danaged during the attack on Avsim. We do not delete good files.

Hi,Last year I posted a quick tutorial on altering the cockpit displays on aircraft for this sim for users of Nvidia graphics cards.I needed it myself today and noticed it had been deleted for some reason - is there any way to get it back on for others that may need it ?Thanks...........Stuart

Stuart:Your file was more than likely deleted because it was danaged during the attack on Avsim. We do not delete good files.
Thanks for the reply Libman - I'm sure you don't delete good files . Can we put this back on the forum as users of this sim who purchase new Nvidia cards may find it of use.It is a very small text document.Cheers..Stuart

Stuart:I have no idea where to get the said document.

Thanks for the reply Libman - I'm sure you don't delete good files . Can we put this back on the forum as users of this sim who purchase new Nvidia cards may find it of use.It is a very small text document.Cheers..Stuart

The guide is pasted below. Staggerwing had pinned it in the thread named'Info re cockpit designer availability'.Step by step guide to altering cockpit rects in Fu3 aircraft .res files using Cockpit DesignerPlease note I was not responsible for finding the solution to the cockpit graphics problem, I have just put these notes together for those [ like myself] who are not ‘whizz kids with computers and their related stuff.1. Download Cockpit Designer from Gideon Pertzov’s website @ gpdev.net2. Unzip to a temporary folder.3. Click on Cockpit Designer icon and then ‘run’.4. Click on Project then New - Give the project name of your choice.5. Browse to the folder where you placed Cockpit Designer and click on Cockpit Design Utility- then click on Projects – click OK.6. Browse to the .res file you want to alter in your FU3 directory- select and Click OK.7. The utility will then extract the relevant cockpit files and will instruct you to click OK to continue.8. A ‘Select view screen’ will then appear- now we alter the ‘rects’ of each view in turn.9. Click on VFR panel and you will see the panel displayed.Now click on the IN tab and you will then see all the rects displayed.10. Click on 3D region and alter the figures to 0,0,799,599 in each box then click on Rect 1 and repeat as 3D region. Delete the other rects [ if any] by clicking on ‘Remove rect’.Click OK.11. Now click on the ‘Select view’ tab [ miniature cockpit to the left of the IN tab] and alter all the other views as above.12. When done exit project and your .res file will be automatically updated. Click OK.13. Delete the project from the Project folder if you don’t need it anymore.14. Job done !Many thanks ..........Stuart Pearson