Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Are passenger jet thrust reversers really gone?

Guest JohnC

My F2 key no longer puts out that nice roar on rollout after landing...is it gone, or does anybody care?

Guest kurtj

I have noticed this too. I don't know why. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell us. I think that made realistic to have that. I have noticed sound issues with fs2004 which I must say need to be fixed. I can't hear very well during startup sequence either. I have to turn my speakers up to hear it. The few things that really bug me about fs2004 is this:Sound could be better sound will disapear and then come back. I would like to operate fsds1 aircraft without loosing animated parts.10mi haze takes away the blue sky if you have clear skies. I put overcast stratus when using the 10mi visibilty to make it more realistc.Everything else, it is a beautiful simulator. I am having more fun with it.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hmmm, works just fine for me on the PMDG 737. Not sure about a default jet though. You sure you have your thrust at idle when try the thrust reverser?Jim

Guest jdrago

I've got it on the default planes.- JD

Guest odog

they all work and sound fine.all default heavies and the lear TRs are audible,work and animated.what are you talking about? an addon or something?joe

Guest Fortress

>Hmmm, works just fine for me on the PMDG 737.Hmm.. I was thinking the exact same thing! Spooky :-)Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Hi,All default heavies and the lear TRs are audible, work and animated. There is no problem on the sound and animation; No bugshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/33501.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/33502.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/33503.jpg ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Bigshot

You might just have a Sound file without those sounds in it. I run into that just the other day. Switched Sound file with another aircraft and had it back.

Interesting JohnCI responding to JohnC...Anyway, do you have a joystick which supports setting the thrust? The issue with the "F2" key could be related to your joystick calibration/null settings. You may wish to backtrack a bit and search on the topic--I believe there's a fairly simple fix.FS2004 not only puts out a nice healthy roar when reversing thrust, one can also back up more easily vs. FS2002 in aircraft like the MD 8/9x that do powerbacks...Regards,John