Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

The Autopilot!

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to have fixed the autopilot in FS9? I was doing touch and goes in the iFDG 764 (watch for my 767-400 panel upload in the file library very soon!) at KBWI in light winds and she held the localizer AND glideslope all the way down to DH. No porpoising or diving under the glideslope. This will allow us to once again shoot those "zero-zero" approaches when the weather outside is frightful and we're feeling a bit daring!!Have a Great Week,http://southwest.corpmerchandise.com/image...l/200015138.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest The Ancient Brit

S'mae Alex (Hi),It was one of the first things I noticed in FS9 since I make extensive use of the autopilot in my flying. There is now a very gentle dip when the Glideslope is engaged, but far less that before and one I find acceptable. Once the Glide is found it is now held firmly without the hunting that was the case with FS2K2. I think the way the autothrottle works has a lot to do with the improvement since it seems to react far quicker than before and avoids the overreaction that was the norm in FS2K2 during this stage of the flight.Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Guest byoung

When doing the 30 degree intercept, the A/P still consistantly over-shoots the localizer.Depending on the A/P system, I used one in a Piper Archer and it did the same thing. It did drift a little.. The A/P units in larger A/C probably do a much better job at the intercept, localizer, and GS hold.I would like to see the implementation of RNav though...Barry

Denis and Barry:Well, mates, it's all very exciting and something I'm sure will captivate us for another two years. I do a lot of night IFR, so this kind of autopilot option is important to me. Before I moved to Baltimore, I used to fly Minneapolis KMSP to Duluth, Minnesota quite regularly, as a sort-of quick hop to get some heavy-iron simming time in before whatever else was going on in my life. In the winter it was not unusual for Duluth to be socked in at 600-800 ft clouds and a 1/4 mile visibility....great fun at night, in truly total dakness, with only the cockpit glow to keep you company as you descend through the murk on a prayer and clutching your Jeppesen approach plates in one hand, the sweat-soaked yoke in the other. Wonderful.http://southwest.corpmerchandise.com/image...l/200015138.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.