Sign in to follow this  
Guest JosephSAnderson

Run FSNavigator Outside FS2004?

Can I run FSNavigator 4.6 without starting FS2004? I want to go in and out of the program without having to wait for FS2004 to load.Thx,Joe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,As far as I know, you can not run FSNavigator outside FSxxxx. Simply because it is integrated in FSxxxx as a DLL file in the Modules folder.Fly safe,Staffan Ahlberg

Hi Joe,What do you mean by "not having to wait for FSNavigator to load"? If you have it installed, it will be loaded the moment FS9 opens. It does not load separately - just press F9 and it is there.Roland

I said "wait for FS2004 to load", not FSNavigator. I was hoping there was a little utility to start the DLL outside of FS2004, since I like to work on the flight plans on and off without having to have FS2004 loaded and consuming so much memory on the smaller machine I use. Joe>Hi Joe,>What do you mean by "not having to wait for FSNavigator to>load"? If you have it installed, it will be loaded the moment>FS9 opens. It does not load separately - just press F9 and it>is there.>Roland>

Sorry Joe, it's one of the limitations of FSNav, as Staffan says it cannot be run outside FS so you have to run FS to use FSNav.I know exactly what you mean, many times I would just like to create a flight plan with FSNav without FS running, but no go. I was hoping Helge would allow FSNav to run outside FS but I havae no idea how difficult that would be, still I live in hope :-)