Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sharkone

PMDG 747-400 Airbrake deployment issue

Hi Fellow Simmers, Firstly sorry if this has been mentioned already...i checked forum but found nothing.I have found that the last few flights with this beaut of an aircraft that in flight i have had times where i need to deploy airbrake/spoiler, all within the required conditions i add and when i do it stays on, no matter what i try it will not come off. this has caused me to abandon some flights like todays EGKK to KJFK. I was 2 1/2 hours into a flight and had a tail wind/head wind/tail wind in quick succesion which kicked me very close to overspeed (fspax favourite as no doubt some have already found out : ).!! Has this happened to anyone else?? Any ideas would be great. I use FS9. Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Fellow Simmers, Firstly sorry if this has been mentioned already...i checked forum but found nothing.I have found that the last few flights with this beaut of an aircraft that in flight i have had times where i need to deploy airbrake/spoiler, all within the required conditions i add and when i do it stays on, no matter what i try it will not come off. this has caused me to abandon some flights like todays EGKK to KJFK. I was 2 1/2 hours into a flight and had a tail wind/head wind/tail wind in quick succesion which kicked me very close to overspeed (fspax favourite as no doubt some have already found out : ).!! Has this happened to anyone else?? Any ideas would be great. I use FS9. Thanks in advance.
Probably best to post over on the PMDG forum, when you extend the speedbrakes are you using a axis on your controller or just pushing a button on your keyboard? I've flown that aircraft quite a bit and never seen the spoilers get stuck.