Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanielBu

What ATI really thinks of OMEGA.........

Hi All,Picked this up at DriverHeaven's site:"ATI supports the enthusiast community wholly. Omega Drivers are in fact a good example of ATI

Guest CargoMun

Sounds like a more healthy approach to the Omega's then what Nvidia showed a while ago :-eek

just to clarify to the other readers, these are simply preset driver configurations. the same can be achieved by anyone utilizing a multitude of driver mod tools such as riva tuner. If you are unsure of tuner settings or simply dont want to adjust them yourself, the Omega drivers will work just fine for you.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest PaulL01

>Sounds like a more healthy approach to the Omega's then what>Nvidia showed a while ago :-eekRight, and what Drive has done with ATI was not achieved with his problem prone and over adjusted NV/Omegas.

Guest A321

No... The drivers al also more optimised, and often more bug free than ATI's offical drivers. ATI has put spin on this issue to cover the fact that by and large their drivers stink, and encourgae others to pick up the ball.What else would you expect them to do.Omega drivers often conatin mix version of old drivers to enhance stability, you may find a .dll or 2 from the 3.8's mixed in with the 3.9's, taking the best of both worlds. As quite often a new Driver fixes an old problem but creates a new one.IMHO the Omega Driver are far better, and offer more peformance on my system than the offical ATI's.Jason

Guest Bigshot

The Omega drivers are tweaked for stability and image quality and not for speed. I'm very surprised when I hear someone actually gets better performance from them. They're not really noticeably any slower, just not any faster. I suppose it's possible for some to gain performance depending on the individual system. The ATI Cat drivers are great by themselves. The Omega ATI drivers are even better in that I experience better IQ using them. They're also very easy to install. Once you have a set installed, they're made so that you simply overwrite the existing drivers with the new exe. No complicated uninstall or cleanup as they overwrite everything. Take's about two minutes to install them and restart. I'm using my second set of Omega ATI drivers and to date have seen better IQ than with the Cats. Stability has never been a problem using either the Cat's or the Omegas and IQ is excellent with either, just a bit better with the Omegas.

Guest DanielBu

Well, I started using them because they provide an easy way to update your drivers for any ATI card...especially, they work with the Radeon Mobility cards. So I don't have to wait for ages until the notebook producer releases new drivers.Plus, they include some practical tools.-Daniel