Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheSidewinder

FS wx file(s) in temp internet cache??

Since I am reluctant to dump my temporary internet files and loose all my logins and passwords (again!) - has anybody actually figured out exactly which file is the FS wx file?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest TheSidewinder

Removing Temp Internet Files won't delete your logins and passwords. The "Delete Cookies" button does that. If you remove your Temp Files, all that happens is that they must be reloaded as you visit each page.Mark

When you download the static weather and save the flight,the wx file is in C:My Documents/Flight Simulator Files/You can see whether the WX files are diff. because of theirdiff. sizes. I switch the wx files around by renaming them,Peter Sydney Australia

MS suggests removing the temporary internet files, NOT the static WX files that you are suggesting.Has anyone actually found the file(s) that MS is refering to?

Guest TheSidewinder

Mike - Like I said two messages up, you won't lose your passwords if all you do is delete the temp files. You will lose your passwords if you choose to delete COOKIES.The temporary internet files are found at:C:WINDOWSTemporary Internet FilesMake sure your browser is completely CLOSED, then simply manually (or through IE) delete ALL those files.Since I have IE set to delete all Temp files on exit, *MY* folder is empty except for the subdirectory entries Cache1, Cache2, etc, which you can delete if you want to.Mark

yes... thank you I did read that. However I would like to know if anyone has found the file(s) the MS writes to this directory for wx reference so that it alone can be deleted.Has anyone found this file(S)??thanks