Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

FS2004 Addon Scenery Problem

Guest zett

I am having difficulty getting some addon scenery to show up in FS2004. Tuscon which I downloaded from AVSIM. I added from Settings Scenery Library and the Title shows up with a check next to it, but not in available addon scenery. There also is not an entry in the scenery.cfg file. I also have two other sceneries Simflyers KDFW and Fly Tampa. They also have entries with check marks, but also no entries enabling me to select them from the Addon Scenery. I do no however they are available because when I go those airports Kdfw has the Simflyer logos every where (it is the FS2004 demo)and Fly Tampa has the football stadium not available in the default. Is it customary now not to have entries for all addons in the scenery.cfg file? Can someone help me as to why I can't access these.Thanks,MikeKDFW

Guest Barney1

The individual authors likely did not provide location entries within the *.bgl, or scenery files, that they created. They assume you will use the default menu for accessing airports, I guess.

As Barney said not all add-on scenery is available from the 'Search add-on scenery' and I can confirm that SimFlyers KDFW is one of them - I have it and it is only accessible from the normal search page.HTH