Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barney1

Reset old FS2K aircraft

Hi,I've manually copied two of my FS2K 3rd party (Carenado) aircraft into FS2K4. Unfortunately, at run time when the question came up to 'disable advanced features' of the aircraft, since they were older and (potentially) not Fs2K4 compliant, I said 'yes' to one. It now has no gauges in the panel. The other that I did not say yes to works just fine.i have tried everything, including 2 complete uninstalls and reinstalls of FS2K4 and the older aircraft, complete with folder deletes after the uninstalls, but I simply can't get that aircraft's panel guages to show. Since the second one does work, I assume that the setting is the problem.Anyone know how to get that working again? It never asks me for the turn-off of the advanced settings anymore.Thanks,Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Steve,I think the information about not loading some gauges gets written into fs9.cfg file together with the name of the airplane. Try to find the relevant entry in it and simply delete it. Then you will be asked again, when you next run FS2004. :)Regards,JureBush Flying Unlimited]"At home in the wild"[/i

I had a similar experience with the loading of "older" aircraft except that the landing gear of the one I said "yes" to wouldn't display.Thanks to Jure's hint about the FS9.cfg file, I did indeed find entries which establish whether an aircraft is detected. About half-way down the *.cfg file, there is a menu entry in square brackets named FrameCallNoWarn and under it are listed the add-on aircraft. Each has an equal sign plus a value of 0 or 1. I simply changed the value of the one which was giving me headaches to a "1", "saved" the amended file and now the gear displays.Not sure if this helps with your guage problem, but at least it should start you in the right direction.