Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

CTD caused by Visualfx.dll

After 6 years with FS9 and FS9.1, I got my first visualfx.dll-related CTD!Can someone tell me the lost probable cause...I found very little on this issue, expect for a setting in the bios.ThanksGhiom

Did you by chance recently install the new KPHL scenery and add the missing fx files (I think there were 3) provided from the sunskyjet forum?I got the same CTD error and have not had a recurrence since I removed those 3 files.FWIW.Cheers & hope you get it solved.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Well, exactly!Thanks mate. :( I think I updated the .fx files. To make things clear, can you please list the culprit files?ThanksGhiom

You are probably referring to these files:http://www.sunskyjet.com/forums/index.php?topic=238.0ThanksGhiom

Yes, they are the Fx_PHL_Deice.fx, deice2.fx & helired.fxDon't really miss them, so for me, it was worth removing.

Glenn Wilkinson

Did you check that:with the files => always CTDw/o the files => no CTDThanksGhiom

Have not had much time to fly and run any tests. Just a few times running FS9 and starting at KPHL to see if it happened again. Have not had a problem yet.Hope that solves it as it was the one and only time I've every had the Visualfx.dll CTD.

Glenn Wilkinson