Sign in to follow this  
jhaley101

FS9 ATC - A mystery

I have fs9 installed and I have seen, over the last few months, a problem where fs9 atc is inaccessible, by means of accessing the atc key. There are variations to the problem, sometimes, the ATC screen appears but you can't actually access it, pushing numbers to reply or interact with atc makes no difference. Other times, atc just cannot be accessed. I can hear it based on the last frequency tuned, but I cannot access the atc window, it just somehow either disappears, or it appears but cannot be accessed. The sim runs fine, but getting from point A to B is now accomplished by flying manually. I've tried accessing menu options to turn atc on or off with no change. I reinstalled video drivers, I reinstalled edit voicepack, I've removed AES, I have done all kinds of changes, no luck. I've tried reading posts on avsim, flightsim.com...........there are similar problems but not exactly the same. I. But now I want to try fspassengers and see if there is any change. Any input would be a help, anyone else experience anything like this?I have a 64 bit operating system, Vista. This problem started about 6 months ago, wish I could be more specific, it DOESN'T happen all the time, but I have noticed that accessing the mini-report in fspassengers in windowed mode is something the sim just doesn't like. I realize there will be some who will offer their opinions of "why do you use the default atc anyway," please.............can we just stick to the question(s) asked and offer any type of input based on the problem. Thanks, John

Are you flying online?? or are you connecting FS to any multiplayer session??

Arslan Nouar

Have the keypresses that are linked to the default ATC been changed? Verify, perhaps reset all keypresses to default. Or are those same keypresses being used by another program? Perhaps there's some overlap, which would definitely cause trouble.Have you tried running the sim with a default aircraft and no other (sim) programs/utilities running?

Mike...