Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

SimConnect Diagnostic Output.

Everytime I start FSX I get this window that shows up, its called SimConnect Diagnostic Output. It kinda looks like a Windows DOS window and it runs while FSX is running. When I close FSX it closes itself as well. I don't know how I got this thing to do this but can I turn it off somehow? It's very annoying and may play a roll in performance. Thanks for the help guys.Ron Hamilton.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi Ron,I found the fix for this the hard way, for me it was in the simconnect.ini file. It was a simple fix, but took a while to find the solution. Change the following (console=yes to console=no), that fixed the problem on my end.

Everytime I start FSX I get this window that shows up, its called SimConnect Diagnostic Output. It kinda looks like a Windows DOS window and it runs while FSX is running. When I close FSX it closes itself as well. I don't know how I got this thing to do this but can I turn it off somehow? It's very annoying and may play a roll in performance. Thanks for the help guys.Ron Hamilton.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest wims

I dont think it plays any sort of role when it comes to performance, but it lets me minimize FSX and then lets me restore it again by clicking the taskbar button. Without the console running i need to use the task manager to restore the window again, so for me its an advantage to have it running

Hi Ron,I found the fix for this the hard way, for me it was in the simconnect.ini file. It was a simple fix, but took a while to find the solution. Change the following (console=yes to console=no), that fixed the problem on my end.
Your the best mike, worked like a charm, good day Sir.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi wims,Are you generating a SimConnect log file by doing this?. If you are, thats a lot of logging and it may be degrading your FSX performance.

I dont think it plays any sort of role when it comes to performance, but it lets me minimize FSX and then lets me restore it again by clicking the taskbar button. Without the console running i need to use the task manager to restore the window again, so for me its an advantage to have it running
Hi Ron,Glad it worked out for you.
Your the best mike, worked like a charm, good day Sir.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck