Sign in to follow this  
Hooopes

Random engine/systems failure (glitch)

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. I dont think its occurring with just one aircraft and is really getting on my nerves. While flying, after about 30-50 minutes, the aircraft will randomly shut down entirely. I've sat at my desk, watched all the MFD's on the Moach 737 go blank, and the aircraft start to fall. Restarting the engines solves it...But comon, I dont want to have to babysit the plane every second. Has anyone else experienced this type of issue? My failures are all turned off, no crashes, just cruising along, and bam!, no systems/engines. I've reinstalled the aircraft and am not sure if a file somewhere needs to be rebuilt or what.Any ideas would be great. Thanks!PS: if you use the Moach 737 ("The experience") I have several nice pains (Delta, Janet, Israel) all coming soon

How do you do a restart if all systems have failed?Where did you get the aircraft (manufacturer)?Do any of your other FS9.1 aircraft do this?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I've never had a complete systems failure but have had some random failures occur even though the failures option was checked off. Every now and then when landing the LevelD 767 I get a flap lowering failure and my GoFlight nav/com module shuts down. The default R22 gets occasional engine failures with the failures option selected off. And a couple of times flying the wonderful HS748 by Rick Piper I have had both engines fail while in cruise.Can actually be fun as you truly are NOT expecting it but sounds like it's way beyond that in your case. Good luck with finding a solution... :(

Thanks for the input so far guys. This may be an issue with the Moach 737 only. I did a flight with the POSKY 737-800, no issues (2+ hours).to restart after the failure, simply ctrl+e to "jump it" and get the plane started again. I have a sneeking suspicion that it may be an issue with panels as it started around the same time I began changing the default one to a custom one. However, after uninstalling the aircraft, and reverting back to the default...same issue.

Where did you get the aircraft (manufacturer)?

Best Regards,

The aircraft is downloadable here at Avsim, flightsim.com and a variety of other sites. However, another update...I decided to test this with different aircraft. Today, the same issue, but it didnt appear to be an engine shut down, but just all electronics went down. Flying a mooney (stock/default), and the Project Opensky 772. Without even having taken off, the opensky 777 shut all electronics off (MFD's etc)...and the same with the mooney while on autopilot...the engine functioned, but began a stall as the autopilot suddenly was not controlling it and I didn't take the wheel immediately. Very odd issue...and it seems to be getting worse. I really have no idea what the root cause of such a glitch could be.

The aircraft is downloadable here at Avsim, flightsim.com and a variety of other sites. However, another update...I decided to test this with different aircraft. Today, the same issue, but it didnt appear to be an engine shut down, but just all electronics went down. Flying a mooney (stock/default), and the Project Opensky 772. Without even having taken off, the opensky 777 shut all electronics off (MFD's etc)...and the same with the mooney while on autopilot...the engine functioned, but began a stall as the autopilot suddenly was not controlling it and I didn't take the wheel immediately. Very odd issue...and it seems to be getting worse. I really have no idea what the root cause of such a glitch could be.
****I do not think you are using all the aircrafts "systems", from cold and dark at the gate, APU start, checklists, FMC initialization etc. It takes about 40 minutes before you are ready for pushback, engine start and generators on line!?Sounds a lot like you ran your battery down.Or alternators OFF, in small aircraft.The problems you are reporting are not very common with FS9.1 or FSX!Not to mention the panel edits and other changes (tweeks) you may have already done could make it very difficult for others to pinpoint the ONE reason for your various symptoms.

Best Regards,

I think I found that it may have been a combination of panel tweaks and not having let the aircraft "warm up" properly. I havent see the issue in a few days so I think I may be alright. Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.