Sign in to follow this  
Guest QVA49

Inconsistent audio clip volume issue

Guest QVA49

Gday all,Iv been having this niggling issue for a while now which i beleive has been raised before; every second or third flight, i would start FS, open up the FS2Crew panel in the 767, then drop the mic volume as suggested so that my voice recog. works ( i use XP), and then start the pre-flight, however the first audio clip, the engineers opening question is at an extremely low volume. This is the same with all preflight dialouges with the exception of the push crew and of course the FO who have normal volume. This flows through onto the cruise when the FA's bring food and what not into the flight deck, being all at very low volume, however the "hello" and "you bet ill be up in just a minute" dialouge is at normal volume as is the "sure any time" dialouge (using the US soundset however the issue occurs with them all). Also the arrival engineers dialouge is low too. So it seems to me that all the dialouge that isnt directly triggered by a voice command, but instead is scheduled to happen is effected. Usually to fix, you can just save the flight and reload it, starting FS2Crew again and its normal, however not today, where i have repeated that process many times yet the volume doesnt budge. Its not really a big deal as the important things work, its just a nuisance, especially if my usual fix doesnt work :SAny help would be great.Cheers,Tom

Hi Tom,Hard to say as the way you described it sounds inconsistent.What level is your speaker volume set at? Is it set at around a mid-level position? Also, you might want to consider upgrading to Win 7 64. XP is getting is pretty dated now.Cheers,

Guest QVA49

Sorry, had a PSU failure that kept me off the air for a couple of days, but got a new one and its all good.Well my windows volme is set to full but my speaker volume is set at around a mid level yes.So the issue is occuring full time now, i attempted 3 reinstalls of FS2Crew trying with or without the Widescreen Mod and SP1. Im not sure what triggered it to become full time instead of the fixable way it was before. The only differences that i made recently were that i rolled back my Nvidia driver as the 256 series was pretty unstable for FSX, but im fairly sure i did that after the issue started occuring. Are there any other settings or alterations that might effect these volume levels?Thanks,Tom