Sign in to follow this  
bgaf

Gauges not loading (SOLVED FOR ME)

I think I've found the reason why some gauges are not loading in ATR version of FS2CREW for FS2004. In my opinion the reason is in DirectX files and version. Usually the latest versions of Windows use DirectX 11. FS2CREW was made to use DirectX 9.0c and thus some libraries and parts of DirectX are different or missing. I've downloaded the redistributable pack of DirectX 9.0c (not websetup), installed it and now everything is working fine...

I think I've found the reason why some gauges are not loading in ATR version of FS2CREW for FS2004. In my opinion the reason is in DirectX files and version. Usually the latest versions of Windows use DirectX 11. FS2CREW was made to use DirectX 9.0c and thus some libraries and parts of DirectX are different or missing. I've downloaded the redistributable pack of DirectX 9.0c (not websetup), installed it and now everything is working fine...
I can't explain that, but if it works for you that's all that counts.Cheers,

I want to say that my first post is absolutely wrong opinion...because after installation of DirectX 9.0c I've got again GAUGE NOT LOADING problem...But since I've copied all the FS2CREW gauges to the main gauges folder I haven't had any problem with the gauges...Furthermore, I can start my flight directly with my lovely ATR without having to load the default Cessna...