Sign in to follow this  
Guest freebird77

New in December? NV 580GTX specs

Guest freebird77

For those of us waiting for something that can deliver a bit more than the current high =end (480GTX) is this latest "Rumor" of a December launch of the GF110 to counter ATI's new 6XXX:GeForce GTX 580 based on a GF110 GPU will exploit 512 CUDA cores, 2GB of GDDR5 memory (512-bit memory bus) 128 textures units and a better cooling solution. Green-team anti-ATI tactics or not I'm thinking to hold out till the dust settles - this could get interesting

For those of us waiting for something that can deliver a bit more than the current high =end (480GTX) is this latest "Rumor" of a December launch of the GF110 to counter ATI's new 6XXX:GeForce GTX 580 based on a GF110 GPU will exploit 512 CUDA cores, 2GB of GDDR5 memory (512-bit memory bus) 128 textures units and a better cooling solution. Green-team anti-ATI tactics or not I'm thinking to hold out till the dust settles - this could get interesting
Well at least it will be good for prices, lots of competition.

Hmm... that 512-bit memory bus is really tempting :blush: Would be nice to have some data on memory bandwidth :Peace: Anyone keen on buying my ZOTAC GTX 480 AMP! card? Big%20Grin.gif

Guest freebird77
Looks like it says dual gpu.Isn't that a no-no with fsx?
Uh oh, time for glasses?Its a single full Fermi GF110, not two very crippled Fermi GF104.There is a duel 460 if thats what you want...I think will be out by Zotec

definitive confirmation that it won't be a dual-GPU card
Woops, sorry missed a word there :biggrin: That's good, so would it be worth getting.

Guest freebird77
That's good, so would it be worth getting.
We'll have to see about the worth it part... ...As soon as I get my paws on it! Im being told I can have it delievered well before the holiday so we'll see...

We'll have to see about the worth it part... ...As soon as I get my paws on it! Im being told I can have it delievered well before the holiday so we'll see...
I may sell my GTX480 to get this card, which vendor are you looking to purchase from?

Guest freebird77
I may sell my GTX480 to get this card, which vendor are you looking to purchase from?
Trying to expedite from asus supplier in taiwan, I can get it sooner but probably not able to return...smarter would be to wait but just not sure how patient I want to be.liked BFG lifetime warranty but they are no longer dist NV.If not ASUS maybe EVGA or MSI.Who do you like?

Guest veeray

ASUS all the way! I tried EVGA, not to happy with their customer service. They really didn't want to resolve my problem at all. Just make me waste my time even more trying to correct my registeration and get my free game. I wonder what they'd do if I asked for an RMA, given they're too stupid to realize they shouldn't have invalid customer information in their databases to begin with.

Guest freebird77
ASUS all the way! I tried EVGA, not to happy with their customer service. They really didn't want to resolve my problem at all. Just make me waste my time even more trying to correct my registeration and get my free game. I wonder what they'd do if I asked for an RMA, given they're too stupid to realize they shouldn't have invalid customer information in their databases to begin with.
As much as I support them I dont think you'll find ASUS much different as most suport is forum and e-mail based.Latest is GTX580 to arrive sometime after Nov 10th!

Guest veeray

Exactly... that's why I'll stick with ASUS since I probably won't need their support. Almost 18 years now without missing a single beat... "knock on wood".

Lot of the rumors are pointing to a GTX570 as well, saying it'll be a card on the same level as the current GTX480 performance-wise but with the same price and power draw as the current GTX470. This will be the killer value card to get if it's true I think.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest freebird77
Lot of the rumors are pointing to a GTX570 as well, saying it'll be a card on the same level as the current GTX480 performance-wise but with the same price and power draw as the current GTX470. This will be the killer value card to get if it's true I think.
Yes that probably is a very good way to go for the best bang for buck...but I'm going to just go for the best band and stick with the 580.Also has everyone probably already knows the memory will not be 512-bit as rumored but will remain as 384-bit 1.5gb GDDR5