Sign in to follow this  
Guest pancreas

Microsoft Please Listen

Guest rjansson

Hi!Do you by any chance have an MS Sidewinder FF Pro joystick?I had the same problem with the FPS dropping to 1-2 at touchdown and found a solution in a thread in the forum (can't remember exactly where though).What fixed it for me was to get into the force feedback settings in the sim and uncheck the feature "ground bumps". No more problems after doing this.Best regards,Roger Jansson

Guest allcott

>>>Finally, MS included a `reset scenery` button is the>>assignments options to restore frame rates when things>suffer.>>The "refresh scenery" button does not work to cure the>progressive autogen performance hit.>>WolfgangYes, it does.Allcott

Not with my system - and also others have reported here at the forum, that it does not work for them.WolfgangP4 2.4 Ghz512MB DDRGeForce3 Ti200Win XP Pro

Hi RogerYes I do have force the Joystick you mentioned and will look into that.Many ThanksGreg

Guest MEA707

Why am I the only one not complaining about FS2004? Why does it seem like I'm one of EXTREMELY few people who is getting excellent performance in FS2004 with all display settings maxed?I have NEVER dropped below 12fps, and when I was at 12fps it was just for a short period flying near extremely dense clouds.Check my signature to see what kind of system. I just don't understand how so many of you guys are having so many problems when I'm not.....

Good Point BobYes my post was a mixed bag and I guess that happens when you get on line after a frustating FS experience, and that is why it sounds like it did which I thought at the time was mild.You are true in what you sayIts not logical to insult people if you wish their helpI daily check the Forums for advise and seldom miss any main points that move through the forums. I was enjoying my FS experience well untill that 1-2 fps issue and having just spent $400 bucks on a Video Card I felt really let down by the Software, anycase thats my view. I also appreciate what you said.If you weren't writing to Microsoft, why pretend to be?.I adressed it like that because I felt 70% venting and maybe I need to look at changing the way I express that emotive stuff.Thanks BobKind RegardsGreg

Guest ssurjap

I'm not complaining either. I have a lower-end system than you and I get excellent performance from FS2004.I couldn't care less about the misplaced bridges or buildings in the middle of runways (I've never encountered those). I fly because I enjoy it. The "eye candy" is an added bonus for me.

Guest pancreas

Yeah same here.I do believe that the majority of FS2K4's users experience acceptable performance out of the box. Those that don't however have every right to complain and ask for help.I have seen a tree right in front of a runway though.