Sign in to follow this  
MAtt Barlow

FS9 and black screen

i am having issues with flight simulator 9 and third party addons not showing their menu.everytime that i click in any of third part addons, they just stay at black screen, but if u alt-tab, you can see the addon menu.this is weird, since you can't configure the addons.someone know a solution for this?using windows 7 ultimate 64bits

If by by 'addons' you are talking about aircraft such as PMDG, Level-D etc. this problem has driven me crazy. I sent this, for instance, to PMDG:"I have just reinstalled the FS9 747-400 onto a new PC running Windows 7 64-bit.. I have a two-monitor setup, each working independently of the other. In XP 64-bit this worked fine.Now, when I press the 'Alt' key and choose one of the PMDG options from the FS9 menu: the screen just goes black. If I exit full-screen mode and go to window mode I see that the options window has been opened behind the now black FS9 window.. I can drag it to my second monitor, make my selection and go back to FS9 (which is still in windowed mode). I fly in full-screen mode though, so I press Alt+Enter: my main monitor resumes FS9 with the PMDG cockpit, but my second screen is now black. I have to exit FS9 to get things back to normal.How do I make the PMDG options window open either in front of FS9, not behind it, (or to appear on my second monitor: it opens behind the sim again on my main monitor next time), inaccessible. I have tried changing my nVidia driver but this hasn't helped. As it is I cannot fly the a/c, so I hope you can assist. Thank you"PMDG told me that it was a problem with Windows Driver Model (WDM) in Win7 x64 - possibly a graphics driver issue too (you use nVidia graphics?). No fix that I have found. You can change to windowed mode to see the menu, but for some reason getting back to full screen has always caused my FS9 to CTD 75% of the time (even in XP it did this) - another graphics issue maybe.I get similar problems with other payware a/c like Level-D. Very depressing... Martin

I know this is a late reply...What worked for me was to deselect anti-aliasing in FS9.Running W7 x64 w/ nVidia card.

This could be related to C++. I had the descibed menu problem with the Level-D until I installed the PMDG 744 (CD version) which included the older version of C++ 2008 Redistributable. This eliminated the Level-D menu issue for me and both add-ons now run perfectly.Take a look...it may help.

Lee Adams

JAFO