Sign in to follow this  
A36 Apache

3D virtual cockpit lost

I just upgraded to W7 and of course the first program I installed to it was FSX, SP1, and Acceleration. Finally, I installed FSGenesisX, GraphicsX, Active Sky X, Active Sky Evolution and the Aerosoft F-16. However, when I load up any airplane to fly I am stuck in the 2D view. The odd thing is that the 3D virtual cockpit is selected in the settings area, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get a VC. I tried the menu bar (by hitting Alt) and the View menu doesn't have a VC listed anywhere.What could have possibly gone wrong with the install?

I just upgraded to W7 and of course the first program I installed to it was FSX, SP1, and Acceleration. Finally, I installed FSGenesisX, GraphicsX, Active Sky X, Active Sky Evolution and the Aerosoft F-16. However, when I load up any airplane to fly I am stuck in the 2D view. The odd thing is that the 3D virtual cockpit is selected in the settings area, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get a VC. I tried the menu bar (by hitting Alt) and the View menu doesn't have a VC listed anywhere.What could have possibly gone wrong with the install?
Do you have this problem with all aircraft?Exactly how did you install FSX? Did you start FSX RTM before installing SP1? Did you start FSX SP1 before installing Acc.Pack/SP2?Did you install one add-on at a time and check that FSX SP2 worked OK with that add-on before proceeding with installing the next add-on?Did you install FSX onto your systems drive (C-drive) and did you tweak W7 security settings to get full controll over the FSX folders?

Every default aircraft has the same problem.When I installed FSX it did not complete the installation, so I ran the install a second time. Then I had to run a repair also. However, I did start FSX after the first succesful instal. Then I added FSUIPC4 and ran FSX and the intro flight. I then installed SP1 and ran the intro flight. Then Acceleration was installed which is when I noticed the 2D cockpit was the only thing working. I thought it was a button mapping, so I went ahead with the weather installs and the F-16. It's not a bad mapping as far as I can tell.Yes, I have control set to full on all of the FSX folders and it is in the default location on the C: drive.

Every default aircraft has the same problem.When I installed FSX it did not complete the installation, so I ran the install a second time. Then I had to run a repair also. However, I did start FSX after the first succesful instal. Then I added FSUIPC4 and ran FSX and the intro flight. I then installed SP1 and ran the intro flight. Then Acceleration was installed which is when I noticed the 2D cockpit was the only thing working. I thought it was a button mapping, so I went ahead with the weather installs and the F-16. It's not a bad mapping as far as I can tell.Yes, I have control set to full on all of the FSX folders and it is in the default location on the C: drive.
Try uninstalling FSX first and then re-install the simulator, but this time TAKE a short flight with any default aircraft, save it, and install SP1. Then take another short flight, save it, and install SP2/Acceleration. This worked for me when I had to re-install FSX due to a corrupted module I had with the installation crack. Dave.

I discovered it was a scratch on the installation disk. A little visor polish and it's all good again.Thanks for the help.