Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

FSX Control Panel in Game gets corrupted

I have recently purchased the Aerosoft Airbus X package. As such, I have also contacted them for support but so far, this is a completely new problem for them, so hoping someone here may have seen this and found a fix... it is quite possible that it is an FSX problem, not an Aerosoft bug.The Airbus X package installs fine, no errors. I used Run as Administrator to run the installer, and always run FSX as Admin also. What happens is this:After finishing a flight with any one of the Airbus X aircraft versions, pressing Escape key and selecting yes to end flight, the Control Panel (the one where you select aircraft type, location, time and weather etc) is no longer placed centrally on the monitor but off to the lower right hand corner where most of it is right off the screen. It is also missing all it's buttons and the only solution is to exit the sim (upon which it crashes anyway) and restart. This ONLY happens when I fly with this aircraft. Flying my other add-ons such as PMDG 747 and J41 and Aerosoft Twin Otter does not cause this to happen. Nor does it happen with the default aircraft.I tried installing the same package on both my childrens PC's [yes Aerosoft say I can legally do this as they both belong to me]. These are also fairly decent spec'd PC's with FSX Acceleration, to test it - one has Win 7 32 bit and the other has Win Vista 32 bit. The exact same thing happens on their PC's! In fact it is even worse on their PC's - FSX crashes within minutes (or sooner) while flying this aircraft. The same control panel corruption is seen. Unlike my PC, They do not have any o/clocking on their systems. Yet Aerosoft say that they have never heard of this problem. In all fairness, they are still investigating for me and I am certainly not complaining about them or the Airbus package. It is that good that I really want to get it to work, but how can I be the only one in the world with this problem - on three different (not networked) PC's?!?I am running the current 260.99 drivers on my system (spec below). My FSX and PC in general are otherwise very stable (as FSX goes :( ).Any ideas, please help :(

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Guest Daniel42

This one is new to me as well. It sounds like memory gets corrupted somewhere, but even then it's kind of strange to see the same effects across different systems.How (not) similar are the FSX installs, specifically regarding other add-on's?How much memory is in the 32 bit machines (more or less than 2GB?) and are they the /3GB switch (or what the equivalent of that under Vista/Win7 is)Daniel

Guest firehawk44

If you uninstall the Aerosoft Airbus, does the problem stop? If so, yes, you are correct to assume it is the Aerosoft package that is at fault. When you install new addons, make sure you disable the UAC. This has caused some installation problems in the past for some. If FSX actually crashed, you should have an event in the Event Viewer. Check the Event Viewer for an error around the time of the crashes and see if it pinpoints a particular file or program.Best regards,Jim