Sign in to follow this  
wolfen2000

Tileproxy and highspeed Jetflights

Hello Simmers,I fly more or less every highspeed Jetflight on IVAO with Tileporxy engaged. The more you decrease your speed (esp. at airport approaches) the better the quality becomes.Anyone out there who has some hints how to minimize the blurry effects during high speed flights at high altitudes ? Any experiences yet ?I appreciate your help :smile:wolfen2000 :(

Anyone out there who has some hints how to minimize the blurry effects during high speed flights at high altitudes ? Any experiences yet ?
It's going to depend a lot on your horsepower, and your standards and your preferences. You can't likely have 'it all'.TileProxy scenery is FS9-style: individual image tiles and a controlling .bgl scenery file. All the scenery tiles cover the same 1.1km2 but the file size varies depending strictly on the resolution contained in them. The more data you have to move (resolution), the harder it is for FSX to keep up (even with default textures).When I fly "high" using TP, I typically limit my resolution to level 13; from FL400, there isn't usually much detail to be seen; I restrict my 'field of view' to what one would normally see from a window or flight deck -- the horizon and not what's under me. Limit the visibility to 50nm. Set terrain radius manually to 5.5 or 6.5; I want to be able to see something (at least) out there. If you set TP parameters to 'low res' for the enroute portion, you have to accept low res at departure and arrival locations also - unless you interrupt the flight to change configurations. ORIf you fly the same route(s) all the time, it is certainly possible to 'make' more detailed photo scenery for the airport areas and have them a higher priority so that they replace TP scenery in those immediate areas. With TileProxy limitations and FSX limitiations and hardware limitations, there's no "Great" answer for that combination. What does work better, I think, is FSX-style photo scenery, purchased or freeware - but then it's not Tileproxy any more...I tend to use Blueskyscenery products and other downloadable photoscenery (where available) and extend those areas with TileProxy. I 'made' the Glacier National Park area at 2m with TP - then scrapped it when Blueskyscenery made it available at 1m. Even at 2X the resolution, the performance was much better - but I'm not going to be flying over it at more than 3000' AGL either...Loyd