Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Pretty Robin released by XP-France

Hi,Today I downloaded the Robin by XP-France.I really was surprised to see such a great model for X-Plane being published as freeware.This nice bird is of a much higher level of quality than the average freeware planes for X-Plane.The only thing I really do not understand is the fact the makers of the model made the bird so dull and glossless.I added some gloss and specularity to the model and as you can see the difference is really huge.Adding some gloss not only makes the model glossy it also enhanches the depth of the colors and the effect of the bumpmapping.Why the makers did not use the available techniques , I wonder.Lets hope they will provide us with a Version3 having these features included right from the box.Nevertheless a big thanks for XP-France for this beauty.Leen de Jagerrobin.pngrobin3.png

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Like you enjoy flying the Robin. The gloss addition looks great. Have you made the altered file available ?TIM

Like you enjoy flying the Robin. The gloss addition looks great. Have you made the altered file available ?TIM
Making those files public available by offering them on a forum for download is a violation of the copyrights.Making "just a repaint" is one thing , fiddeling about with the complete project is something completely different.I did not just touch the texturefiles and the normals, I also laid my hands on the OBJ files and some other stuff.This all implicates this cannot be published as a normal repaint.It only can be published as a complete stand alone model.Adding it to the standard installation as "a livery" is not possible.Doing so would ruin all default planes in the Robin-package.What did I do (so far)? :Edited the normal mapping dramaticly.Edited almost all OBJ files to achieve a gloss on various surfaces.I added alphalayers to some normal maps to control speculairity.Added the PH-TIM registration an the panel and the key-hanger.Introduced normal mapping to the interior.Changed the artificial "gloss effect" on the texturesheets for the cockpit windows by, a real dynamic gloss on both out and inside of the canopy.You see , one cannot just throw that on the internet without modellers permission.Its clear I really would like his permission.For me its always a challenge to upgrade a model.As I mentioned before ,its still w.i.p.http://www.dutchfs.com/crew/leen/X-Plane/roodborst.png

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Understood ...pity. Perhaps XP-France could see the quality of your work and bring you on to their team !!Anyway a good plane has been made even better.Can't wait to see the "Flying Bike" in X-Plane :( Happy New Year TIM

I really like to publish the plane.Still improving and testing it.Some friends are flying it and they are thrilled. ( they say.....)The problem is , I cannot contact the guys.I published about this on the XP France forum , here and on some other places.There is no response from the makers of the original plane.Leenhttp://www.dutchfs.com/crew/leen/X-Plane/breitling2.png

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

MdMax posted here a message about the release of the new and also very pretty Robin by XPFR.To avoid misunderstanding and confusion about these models I created a new topic on the form for the very pretty bird.Leen de Jagerview topic http://forum.avsim.net/topic/326785-another-very-pretty-robin-has-been-released-this-time-by-xpfr/

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints