hi,ASE is great :( except that it has a major defect which can ruin the immersion dramatically. :( Clouds intersect with terrain REX has the same issue, by the way (I have AS 6.5, REX and ASE)I don't understand why it is not possible to fix this issue. Metars give cloud height and the airport altitude is available in FSX. It should be possible not to display clouds below nearest airport elevation + cloud height. I would like to have an option which allows a minimum cloud display altitude. Not realistic? not worse than the current state.Thank you for you help

Hi,For us we worked on this awhile back. If the station is NOT an Advanced Interpolation station clouds should be at the proper altitude. So that means you should be using B642 of ASE.If the current weather station is an Advanced Interpolation station this could be possible because of the blending of the weather data and the fact that we do not know the local terrain values at your current location. ASv6.5 did not have Advanced Interpolation.Lastly, try with the CAVOK and No Data cloud sliders set to zero. Those clouds are random clouds and may be placed at the wrong altitudes.

Hi,For us we worked on this awhile back. If the station is NOT an Advanced Interpolation station clouds should be at the proper altitude. So that means you should be using B642 of ASE.If the current weather station is an Advanced Interpolation station this could be possible because of the blending of the weather data and the fact that we do not know the local terrain values at your current location. ASv6.5 did not have Advanced Interpolation.Lastly, try with the CAVOK and No Data cloud sliders set to zero. Those clouds are random clouds and may be placed at the wrong altitudes.
Hi thank you Jim, I appreciate your support.I don't really understand what you mean because it implies that the problem seems caused by advanced interpolation which doesn't exist in AS6.5 but that version had this defect too. Anyway I set Cavok and no data at 0 and will check if it improves things or not. I will report back.I bought ASE 2 or 3 weeks ago and my version is B572. I was reluctant to install SP2 because I read that some guys had a performance hit and I am a beleiver in the "if it is not broken, don't fix it" :( . If I still have the poblem, I will try B642. Hopefully, I still have B 572 on a CD, just in caseI did not see any advanced interpolation related fix in the SP2 revision file, so why will it work better than B 572 in this respect?

Hi,FS weather is based on individual weather stations and does not recognize changes in elevation. For example, at KDEN if a clouds are reported 300 feet above the airport and you are directly at the airport those clouds have ALWAYS been depicted correctly. Now, if you flew just a little bit west of the airport the mountain range pops up and the altitude changes. Well guess what? That cloud layer that was correct at the airport is now running into the mountains and there is no way to tell FS, oh my gosh the elevation has changed, you better raise the cloud layer.Interpolation can add to this situation because stations can be based many miles away from your current location.