Sign in to follow this  
bmarcoux2

B200 Condition Levers

Have the Aeroworx B200 and Have been reading everthing about it. In everything I read including the tutorial flight by a Real B200 pilot the condition levers are always set to the Low Idle position. When would you set them to high idle? Not sure why there is even a setting for them. Also on another note, does anyone know how you can move both propeller levers in the aeroworx at the same time. Really silly to have to move one then the other. Thanks.

To move both I think it's shift F2. And shift F3

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Have the Aeroworx B200 and Have been reading everthing about it. In everything I read including the tutorial flight by a Real B200 pilot the condition levers are always set to the Low Idle position. When would you set them to high idle? Not sure why there is even a setting for them. Also on another note, does anyone know how you can move both propeller levers in the aeroworx at the same time. Really silly to have to move one then the other. Thanks.
Hey there. About that tutorial. I wrote it but I don't recall saying that the condition levers are ALWAYS in low idle. They are however in low idle 95% of the time. The reason why you would need a high idle situation is 1) on the ground, you are experiencing a high load on the generators. Also I higher N1 gives a lower ITT. I believe it was about 65% gave the lowest ITT temps on the real thing. 2) in the air, you would set the condition levers to high if you wanted a more instantaneous reverse thrust. Some argue that a higher idle creates a floating effect for the flare and offsets the shorter landing distance an instantaneous reverse thrust provides BUT the technique for a short field landing is get the plane touched down immediately. Don't try for the "soft landing". Fly in onto the ground, put the power levers into reverse and you will have your short field landing.For the generator load limits vs N1 idle speed it goes something like this:Gen load/min N1 speed51 / 0-25%51 / 25-50%57 / 50-75%60 / 75-90%63 /90-100%Now keep in mind it has been 6 years since I flown the king air so those generator load percentage numbers may not be exactly right but will give you and idea what N1 speed you need. The air conditioner was the highest load draw item in the KA200 if I remember correctly. In the KA100 it was the Max Electric heat which drew 288 Amps alone. The KA100 had 2-250 AMP gens so it required more than 1 generator to run the electric heat and it was STILL darn cold in the thing! Hope this helps you.Jack

That's an awesome reply,

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.