Guest nzch2010
Is correct to use "weather setting off" or "Normal default"?From the FSUIPC manual I can see that "weather setting off" is mostly for WideVieW users, I do not use that.Which is the best recommended setting to use with Smooth Cloud Transition weather depiction?Thanks
Hi Pedro,As I don't fly GA I am not much help to you, But I would suggest reading the ASE FAQ and manual. If you look in this forum your answer is there. CheersJulian

Hi Guys:Twas me that wrote that guide over at FSLabs. When i get back to my FSX Machine (about Feb next year sadly) i shall probably be updating that thread and fixing that screenshot (i think i may have accidentally deleted it - sorry) and i'll be revisiting with the updated ASE V2.? and seeing where i get with it. Thanks and Happy ChristmasSmiffy
Hi Smiffy,Have you had a chance yet to revisit your SP2 setting?regardsPaul

Paul Dumke

Instead of having to navigate NickN's weather settings, here are mine. Go to the [Weather] section in your FSX cfg and overwrite with this:[Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=4DETAILED_CLOUDS=1DisableTurbulence=0DownloadWindsAloft=1DynamicWeather=2MaxGustRampSpeed=200MaxGustTime=500MaxVarRampSpeed=75MaxVarTime=50MinGustRampSpeed=1MinGustTime=10MinVarRampSpeed=10MinVarTime=5THERMAL_VISUALS=0TurbulenceScale=0.300000WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1
Hi Julian,I've been following both this and the other thread @ FSLabs re: ASE and FSUIPC setups. First off, I'd like to thank you for ALL you did here to get most of the troubled users like me satisfied and flying in a better FS environment now, I do appreciate it!I did set my FSUIPC.INI up as you stated but as far as FSX.CFG is concerned, I wonder WHY you manage winds aloft and dynamic wx updates through FSX (highlighted in bold above)?!? Isn't it ASE serving the same purpose and I believe it must do that even better than FSX. If so, should I disable winds aloft downloads and dynamic wx updates in ASE? Looking forward for your feedback!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

I did set my FSUIPC.INI up as you stated but as far as FSX.CFG is concerned, I wonder WHY you manage winds aloft and dynamic wx updates through FSX (highlighted in bold above)?!? Isn't it ASE serving the same purpose and I believe it must do that even better than FSX. If so, should I disable winds aloft downloads and dynamic wx updates in ASE?
Hello,From my understanding when you use any external weather software it overrides the downloading and showing of the standard FSX weather. But the Rate of Change settings in FSX do affect outcome. I know that there are also settings for Dynamic Rate of Change in ASE, but despite this I believe that the FSX settings also affect the depiction. Within the FSX UI settings under Weather, I believe that the "DynamicWeather" coding in the CFG is listed as "Rate at which weather changes over time" in the UI. And a setting of 2 would set this to medium.So overall, from what I understand all the settings (in the FSX file) do effect the end outcome, except for the FSX weather download settings, which are overridden by ASE.Hope this helps (It might be best to get this all clarified by someone with more knowledge though laugh.gif)Jack

Guest nzch2010
Hello,From my understanding when you use any external weather software it overrides the downloading and showing of the standard FSX weather. But the Rate of Change settings in FSX do affect outcome. I know that there are also settings for Dynamic Rate of Change in ASE, but despite this I believe that the FSX settings also affect the depiction. Within the FSX UI settings under Weather, I believe that the "DynamicWeather" coding in the CFG is listed as "Rate at which weather changes over time" in the UI. And a setting of 2 would set this to medium.So overall, from what I understand all the settings (in the FSX file) do effect the end outcome, except for the FSX weather download settings, which are overridden by ASE.Hope this helps (It might be best to get this all clarified by someone with more knowledge though laugh.gif)Jack
Hi Jack,You took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks for jumping in there... been off the forums for a while due to work commitments.CheersJulian

Hi Jack,You took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks for jumping in there... been off the forums for a while due to work commitments.CheersJulian
Hi Julian,Nice to see I got something right for once :)On another note after using your weather setup for quite a few months, for me it has turned out perfectly. No shifts, great depiction, even seemingly good when using ASE in Smooth Cloud Transitions for my occasional VFR and GA flights.So thanks for making my weather setup perfect!Much appreciated,Jack

Guest nzch2010
Hi Julian,Nice to see I got something right for once :)On another note after using your weather setup for quite a few months, for me it has turned out perfectly. No shifts, great depiction, even seemingly good when using ASE in Smooth Cloud Transitions for my occasional VFR and GA flights.So thanks for making my weather setup perfect!Much appreciated,Jack
Glad to help Jack. Happy flying.CheersJulian

Guest nzch2010
Glad to help Jack. Happy flying.CheersJulian

I dont get this though.You can fly the PMDG 747 with DWC right? But if you check the surpress: Turb/Gust and Var. Does that actually mean that you'll have no turbulence anymore? Irradicating the realism of flight?Niko

I dont get this though.You can fly the PMDG 747 with DWC right? But if you check the surpress: Turb/Gust and Var. Does that actually mean that you'll have no turbulence anymore? Irradicating the realism of flight?Niko
NikoThat's pretty much the way it is. To avoid S turns when I use the PMDG MD-11X, 747-400X, and the 747-8 I have to check to the boxs for suppress turbulence, gusts, and variances and set the knot or degree change per second to 4 for the 747s' and 2 for the MD-11. Michael Cubine