Hi all - what utility can i use to set anti-aliasing outside of FSX? I am using Win 7 with a 460 GTX card. Thanks for the help!! - Richard

Hi all - what utility can i use to set anti-aliasing outside of FSX? I am using Win 7 with a 460 GTX card. Thanks for the help!! - Richard
What driver version do you have? If it's over 2xx.xx, you can't use Nhancer, yet. All us new Nvidia driver users will have to wait until version 2.60 comes out. You can use NVIDIA Inspector, but I've heard that it's a little harder to use. If you want to wait for the newest version of Nhancer, here's what I did in the meantime:Here's the settings within my Nvidia Control Panel. I made these settings apply only to FSX, not globally. You may want to lower the AA setting if your frame rates tank. My 480 even has trouble with REX2:Antialiasing - Mode to 'Enhance the application setting' and then ticked the antialiasing box within FSX (be sure you do this or AA won't work)Antialiasing - Setting to '8xQ'Antialiasing - Transparency to 'Multisample'Anisotropic Filtering - '4x'Texture Filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization 'ON'Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias 'CLAMP'Testure Filtering - Trilinear optimization 'ON' (Set 'trilinear filtering' within FSX too)See if these work for you. Here's the NVIDIA Inspector link from Guru 3D if you want to try it out.http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Inspector-1.94-download-2612.html

What driver version do you have? If it's over 2xx.xx, you can't use Nhancer, yet. All us new Nvidia driver users will have to wait until version 2.60 comes out. You can use NVIDIA Inspector, but I've heard that it's a little harder to use. If you want to wait for the newest version of Nhancer, here's what I did in the meantime:Here's the settings within my Nvidia Control Panel. I made these settings apply only to FSX, not globally. You may want to lower the AA setting if your frame rates tank. My 480 even has trouble with REX2:Antialiasing - Mode to 'Enhance the application setting' and then ticked the antialiasing box within FSX (be sure you do this or AA won't work)Antialiasing - Setting to '8xQ'Antialiasing - Transparency to 'Multisample'Anisotropic Filtering - '4x'Texture Filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization 'ON'Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias 'CLAMP'Testure Filtering - Trilinear optimization 'ON' (Set 'trilinear filtering' within FSX too)See if these work for you. Here's the NVIDIA Inspector link from Guru 3D if you want to try it out.http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Inspector-1.94-download-2612.html
Hi Tunnelcat - thanks for your answer, I will give it a whirl tonight, I looked at the Nvidia control panel briefly but couldn't figure things out, I will take my time tonight and try your settings. Thanks again!!!

Slick9,Just got through installing Nvidia Inspector and setting up FSX after a few days of messing around with it. Here's a couple of tips for decent frame rates and a good looking image.Be sure to set Water to '2.0 low' in the graphics section. Turn off almost all moving land vehicles, but you can leave some boats, about 10 -15%. You'll have to experiment with other settings to see what gives you decent frame rates with your card. Turn OFF AA and turn ON 'Trilinear Filtering' WITHIN FSX. Also limit your frame rate to 30fps. There is an outside FSX frame limiter program that helps with more stable frame rates, but I haven't messed with that yet.Now OUTSIDE FSX, run Nvidia Inspector (I got my copy from Guru 3D). Now go to the PMDG Support Forum at Avsim and then to the PMDG General Forum. Click on the sticky link on "How to set AA in FSX/FS9". The first section has an image of the settings you'll need to make. Make sure you have MS Flight Simulator X selected from the pull down menu in Nvidia Inspector before you change and apply things. Seems to working for me now after going through a bunch of searches to get all the right info. Here's a link to NickN's post about using Nvidia Inspector as well and you can compare his settings with PMDG's. The only thing I did different from his settings was to set 'Antialiasing - Transparency to 4xSupersample' which was mentioned in the above PMDG settings. I'm not sure if AA transparency will work with the Nvidia 460, so be careful. You also may have to lower AA to 4x if your card can't handle it.http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-and-nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated_topic36586.htmlOne other thing I did differently was to force V-sync ON. I absolutely HATE the horizontal image tearing that shows up with it turned off. I have a horse of a machine, so I hope it works out in the memory department. I'll see if these settings give me any problems, but after a little tweaking, so far so good. I even have max 4096 REX2 cloud textures running, at Kai Tak with the PMDG 747 at about 25fps too!