Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Bruun

CH Yoke and Throttle Q.

Guest Peter Bruun

Hello All Noble FlightsimmersI have been lucky enough to get a CH Throttle quadrant at christmas, and have also pedals and yoke. Now som functions are the same from the flight yoke and Throttle (single engines control on the yoke = throttle,mixture, and prop) I would really like to use the set of levers on the yoke to be used as gear,spoiler and parking brake. Anyhow is seems that i am not able to change the function, because they are not assigned as the other buttons (not accesible via the control menu in FSX).Further i would like to set up the Throttle Q to reverse thrust, it dosent work, and i cant figure out how to program. Right now i have set up two buttons to reverse thrust (decrease throttle fast) then i put the throttles at idle and press the keys - Not very correct :o= Thanks in advance for any help :Big Grin: Take CareJP

Have you checked the ch support forum? IIRC they had a few tghreads about programming reverse thrust in the TQ.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello All Noble FlightsimmersI have been lucky enough to get a CH Throttle quadrant at christmas, and have also pedals and yoke. Now som functions are the same from the flight yoke and Throttle (single engines control on the yoke = throttle,mixture, and prop) I would really like to use the set of levers on the yoke to be used as gear,spoiler and parking brake. Anyhow is seems that i am not able to change the function, because they are not assigned as the other buttons (not accesible via the control menu in FSX).Further i would like to set up the Throttle Q to reverse thrust, it dosent work, and i cant figure out how to program. Right now i have set up two buttons to reverse thrust (decrease throttle fast) then i put the throttles at idle and press the keys - Not very correct :o= Thanks in advance for any help :Big Grin: Take CareJP
To even get a snowball's chance in heck for the throttle quad work right, you have to use either the CH Control Manager 4.51 or FSUIPC. Now the Control Manager program should have come on a disk with your controller. If you want to go that route, first, plug in all CH products controllers you own to make sure all the Windows drivers are installed (I'm assuming you have Windows 7 or Vista. XP is a nightmare of driver windows that get thrown into your face). If that has already happened previously, then install the Control Manager WHILE the controllers are still plugged in. After the install, remove the disk and reboot, leaving the controllers plugged in. When you're alive again, launch the Control Manager and add all your controllers with the 'ADD' button at the top. You will have to add each controller you own from the drop down list one at a time. Then click on 'SAVE' and name this map some name. Next time you launch the CM, click on the LOAD button and load your map. Then you have to click on the 'download' button to get things to talk between the CM program and the Windows controller applets. This is where you can now calibrate your controllers. The calibration is MUCH more accurate through the CM than the Windows applet and since I have 4 CH controllers, it's a Godsend for other sims I own. In fact, if you install CM, don't ever use the Windows applet ever again with CH products. The only problem is that in order to have the reverse thrust work with the levers, you will have to learn how to do the scripting that is part of the CM program. Now if you're not into scripting or learning how to do it, you can get premade script maps from members of the CH forums, and some of them are pretty good.Now a much easier method would be to use FSUIPC. But in order to set up your controllers within FSX or FS9, you will need to purchase the full version from Pete. The freebie that comes with some add-on aircraft is locked out for controller setting. If you own the full version, you can set all the functionality of your controllers inside the sim much more accurately, including reverse thrust. The only reason to use the CM program is if you own other types of sims that don't use FSUIPC as an intermediary between the controller and the sim. Here's some links for you:http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showforum=32http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlKim

Guest Peter Bruun

Thanks a Billion !That was realy a GREAT help :Applause: I have tried to set up the reverse thrust in FSUIPC (registred version) but there are actually not any command adressing that function in the drop down menu. Is it done by splitting the calibration area via a null zone and a "forward thrust and a reverse thrust area. There are as you know, already a "friction point" build in the levers, there indicate the seperation/function. Take Care & Happy New YearJPNB; i found this manual in the FSUIPC forum, it is very helpfullhttp://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/CH_Controls_with_FSUIPC.pdf

Thanks a Billion !That was realy a GREAT help :Applause: I have tried to set up the reverse thrust in FSUIPC (registred version) but there are actually not any command adressing that function in the drop down menu. Is it done by splitting the calibration area via a null zone and a "forward thrust and a reverse thrust area. There are as you know, already a "friction point" build in the levers, there indicate the seperation/function. Take Care & Happy New YearJPNB; i found this manual in the FSUIPC forum, it is very helpfullhttp://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/CH_Controls_with_FSUIPC.pdf
Yeah, the CM program does a very good job of calibrating those sometimes sloppy analog pots that CH Products puts in their controllers. If you can learn the scripting in the CM, you can program quite a bit of functionality. I've been lazy so far and just downloaded some pre-made scripts that others took the time to create. But I think I'm going to take the time and learn how to do it. There are some good tutorials over at the CH forums if you want a guide.