Sign in to follow this  
Matt_Heiw

NGX Failure Model

HelloJust curious whether the NGX will simulate system failures (including related structural damage like gear doors and flaps getting stuck, and wings breaking off LOL) resulting from exceeding the structural limits of the aircraft (i.e. failures due to exceeding Vne, Vfe, Vlo, Vle, etc.)?

Hello.I fell that would be great although I'think it would be quite difficult, because you would need some heavy physics which FS probably don't do, and also to know how such limits excess could impact the plane, which is actually I believe unknown as they won't get their aircraft over the the maximum limits it has been designed for. I believe they would make tst to the maximum, and limit the speed in normal usage below that real maximum limit for more security. But I believe their might be possibilities of failures of gear doors, flaps stuck, although they would not result from that, as for Wing break, well I don't think they need to go though that because if the wing break the plane would just crash and that will be over, but for a wing to be broken it really needs a lots of stress or/and very very poor maintenance I guess.

Have you looked into FSPassengers X, This has most of these failures.Be warned, if you can't do a smooth landing (ideally <-200 vertical speed, it will let you off with -450 but that is not good), you will be frustrated as it will burst your tires.

Hello.I fell that would be great although I'think it would be quite difficult, because you would need some heavy physics which FS probably don't do, ...
PMDG said that the NGX (along with previous products) are running primarily outside of FSX, and then importing the data, so theoretically they could include an extenal physics model just by taking the "primitive" FSX data.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Thanks for the replies guys. Wedgantilles, was just kidding about wings breaking off :). Yes the type of failures that FSPassengers X simulates are what I was thinking, i.e. failures due to bad piloting skills/mistakes, but was just wondering if the NGX failure model would include such delights!Its not that it would take anything away from the NGX if such failures were not included - I was just curious about how far PMDG went with their implementation. I guess I'll find out in due course.