Sign in to follow this  

Since the rating system is shutdown.....

That would be nice! Better than those killing sigs! ;)Yours is OK though! :)Edit: Oh BTW! I noticed when I edited my profile recently that there was an Avatar field showing up, although it was not showing up for edit. Does this mean avatars have been disabled? :-hmmmI'd say go for it... That would bring a new perspective to the forum members even... :-lol :-lolDave

Guest Joshieca

I asked about the avatars thingy in the profiles and I was told that it was disabled.I agree with the sigs. Sometimes they get way too big. I try to keep mine under one inch tall and no more then six inches wide. I just wish that when people post and do a multiple post in the same thread that they would remove their sigs after the first post, like I do. I mean do really need to see your sig twenty times in the same thread? :)But yes, a small avatar, one that you can upload and use as your own, a custom one would be nice. I hope that some is listening.:)

Yeah..an avatar would me nice.Mike

Personally, I think they are silly...... Kadonk !!Sorry to be so blunt ;-)Now, if we would have a real picture of the person posting, THAT would add something to the community experience. Having yet another silly cartoon on top of all the signatures seem like wasting even more bandwidth, time and money to me without any added value.But, that's just my opinion, since you asked.... :-lolWe'll discuss it in the forum staff and will let you know one way or the other.F.________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Francois: ;)The avatars don't have to be big, just 1 or 2 kB GIFs. Or a photo of course... Which is worse? ;-) J/k! :)It'd be nice if we could into a discussion about this but I suppose we lose more bandwidth just by talking about it! :-lol :-lolAnyway, my personal calculations tend to say this would probably require much less than one permille of the total bandwidth used. So I don't think it should be a problem. :-)Cheers,Dave

Guest Joshieca

It also takes up space from the left side of the message area... (see the FSG forums, I am sure you are familiar with)... that's a waste especially for folks that run on 800x600 screen settings. I still feel it makes the message area more crowded and less easy to read.... I also do not see a huge crowd gathered here to ask for it.... perhaps you can do a poll? We have 6000 regulars... if only 6 ask for something.... hmm.. you get my drift ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

I think an avatar would fit just nicely to the left of this:Francois_Dumas Member since Mar-7-021995 posts:) We could use small avatars, maybe 40x40. That wouldn't take a lot of space. And most of the space is available anyway, both the bandwidth and the monitor space. :)Yea, someone please post a poll.Dave