Sign in to follow this  
Ramjett53

KCLT2010 FS2004 Download Problem

First, My apologies to everyone who downloaded my KCLT2010.zip scenery. It seems that modifying the AP926190.bgl file accomplished what I intended for KCLT, but removed 30 or so airports in the Charlotte area, Fayetteville and Spartanburg to name a couple.. I have asked the Library Managers to remove the file from the download list until I can resolve the issue. I hope everyone who downloaded this file followed my instructions and copied the default AP926190.bgl into a safe place before overwriting it. If not, my e-mail address was included with the file download. Simply e-mail me and I will provide my default AP926190.bgl file for you to install and your airports will return. After returning the default AP926190.bgl to the FS9\Scenery\Name\Scenery file the fourth runway will still be visible at KCLT and will be "useable", but generic buildings and trees will appear in the added taxiways and new runway. The taxiway signs when approaching 18C and 36C from the terminal side will revert to the default 18R and 36L. Simply remove the KCLT2010 folder from your addon scenery folder and the default KCLT will return. This was my first attempt to upload a file to AVSIM, however I have been using ADE9x to modify scenery on my own system for some time. I tested the design for several days on my own system and had a friend install it on his. Unfortunately, both of us concentrated on the taxi procedures and landing/takeoff process at Charlotte Douglas, never trying to go to a surrounding airport.Again, my thanks to those who tried my scenery and yet at the same time, my very sincere apologies to you for the unintended consequences. Again, a reminder, simply replace the AP.... file I included in my download with the default one you saved elsewhere (or e-mail me if you failed to do that) and remove the KCLT2010 file from your addon scenery. Your system will be just as it was before the download.I sincerely apologize to you, the pilots, and to the staff and managers at AVSIM. I am working hard even now correcting the file without using a modified AP926190.bgl file and yet still accomplish my goal of accurate taxiway signs. I have already corrected the generic building and trees on the taxiways and runway.Randy "Ramjett53" Tyndall

Randy:Please email library@avsim.com to have this done.

First, My apologies to everyone who downloaded my KCLT2010.zip scenery. It seems that modifying the AP926190.bgl file accomplished what I intended for KCLT, but removed 30 or so airports in the Charlotte area, Fayetteville and Spartanburg to name a couple.. I have asked the Library Managers to remove the file from the download list until I can resolve the issue. I hope everyone who downloaded this file followed my instructions and copied the default AP926190.bgl into a safe place before overwriting it. If not, my e-mail address was included with the file download. Simply e-mail me and I will provide my default AP926190.bgl file for you to install and your airports will return. After returning the default AP926190.bgl to the FS9\Scenery\Name\Scenery file the fourth runway will still be visible at KCLT and will be "useable", but generic buildings and trees will appear in the added taxiways and new runway. The taxiway signs when approaching 18C and 36C from the terminal side will revert to the default 18R and 36L. Simply remove the KCLT2010 folder from your addon scenery folder and the default KCLT will return. This was my first attempt to upload a file to AVSIM, however I have been using ADE9x to modify scenery on my own system for some time. I tested the design for several days on my own system and had a friend install it on his. Unfortunately, both of us concentrated on the taxi procedures and landing/takeoff process at Charlotte Douglas, never trying to go to a surrounding airport.Again, my thanks to those who tried my scenery and yet at the same time, my very sincere apologies to you for the unintended consequences. Again, a reminder, simply replace the AP.... file I included in my download with the default one you saved elsewhere (or e-mail me if you failed to do that) and remove the KCLT2010 file from your addon scenery. Your system will be just as it was before the download.I sincerely apologize to you, the pilots, and to the staff and managers at AVSIM. I am working hard even now correcting the file without using a modified AP926190.bgl file and yet still accomplish my goal of accurate taxiway signs. I have already corrected the generic building and trees on the taxiways and runway.Randy "Ramjett53" Tyndall

Already done Rick.I sent an email Thursday night to library@avsim. File was removed Friday morning. I got an email from you confirming that. The email was the first thing I sent out. I wanted to "contain" this thing as quickly as possible.Do I need to send another email? I looked in the downloads and could not find the KCLT2010 file download anywhere so I assumed after I got the email from you it was a done...or rather "undone"...deal and officially removed.Thanks,Randy

............Do I need to send another email? .....
No need. Rick has sorted out your file.