Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Strange problem

My installation of FS9 on Win7 64 has been running well and problem free for quite along time, but recently the sim has been crashing to Desktop just when I'm about to touchdown while flyingthe PIC737. This has happened at different airports in different areas of the world and has gotme totally baffled. Thought perhaps it could be the TCAS because all crashes have occurred while flying on Vatsim Network and there were other aircraft waiting at holding points, butTCAS2v7.dll which is the latest version is present. If anyone can shed some light on thisI'd really appreciate it.Thanks

My installation of FS9 on Win7 64 has been running well and problem free for quite along time, but recently the sim has been crashing to Desktop just when I'm about to touchdown while flyingthe PIC737. This has happened at different airports in different areas of the world and has gotme totally baffled. Thought perhaps it could be the TCAS because all crashes have occurred while flying on Vatsim Network and there were other aircraft waiting at holding points, butTCAS2v7.dll which is the latest version is present. If anyone can shed some light on thisI'd really appreciate it.Thanks
HiOne of the first things I always check when crashes to desktop occur is for conflicting (duplicate) AFCAD files for an airport in the vicinity and I often find that this is the cause. I am not sure whether the airports you were flying into at the time were previously problem free or whether these are airports you are visiting for the first time, but if they are new airports that you are visiting then it may just be worth checking for duplicate AFCADS before you blame the PIC737!BillWindows XP Pro SP2; Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz CPU; Arctic Cool 7Pro; ASUS P5N-E-SLI Motherboard;4GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM; 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Dual VGA Graphics card;2x 500GB SATA 7200RPM Hard Drive; 650W (2 x 12V) PSU; 2 x 1000GB + 1 x 150GB Western Digital External Hard Drive; CH Pro Yoke and PedalsAll helping to power 282GB of fs9!

Hi BillThanks for replying, I did check among other things for duplicate Afcads, there were none.I even checked the sceneries for missing textures, whatever, couldn't find anything wrong.I'm not necessarily blaming PIC737 because I've been using it for quite along time without problems. This is why I am baffled why this is happening now. Another thing I didn't mention was that after the CTD I restarted the simulator and opened the last two autosaved files and here again there was an immediate CTD.I've read about the TCAS dll sometimes causing CTDswhen other aircraft are near the landing area but they only seem to happen with earlier versions of of the dll file. Regards

OK finally found out what was causing the CTD just before landing. It appears that if LNAV is left engaged (whether operative or not), then a a CTD is almost certain. Have now tested it using varied sceneries and can confirm this fact. Ensuring LNAV is turned off is the solution.Regards