Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

reworked PMDG J41 LUA Script

Hi Artem,that looks quite impressive!Will test it ASAP...

Also looking for someone to write instructions how to set things up.
already done:FSUIPC Forum How to install a LUA file or script I will try around to get this work with the MD11...For the NGX: if you wish, we could work together as I could gather the LUA variables (If there are any hopefully) and you could make the LUA script.But maybe there's a brilliant SDK whos helping us then... :(

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the NGX: if you wish, we could work together as I could gather the LUA variables (If there are any hopefully) and you could make the LUA script.But maybe there's a brilliant SDK whos helping us then... :(
Hi, GünterWhy not :-) For me it's easier to write a code than to hunt on variables.But let's wait and see what the magic SDK they had prepared for us.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Why not :-) For me it's easier to write a code than to hunt on variables.
And for me its vice versa... :biggrin:btw you've noted english is not your main language... where are you from if I may ask? (no need to answer!)but maybe we could talk german Talking%20Ear%20Off.gifAnd I tried now your script:AP dials working great!But the DH and BRG1/2 stuff isn't working right now(will start FS and try again...)One suggestion: could you please add a function to toggle between BRG1 and BRG2?many thanks!!!!!

Guenter Steiner

I'm from Russia, not speaking german at all, sorry.DH and BRG code should work, I'am using this script right now and see no problems. Any error messages in FSUIPC log?Toggle BRG1/BRG2... For now I made the script with idea to assign MCP CTR konb to BRG1 and MCP TFC knob to BRG2 – to visually match the JS41 EFIS. But may be it's a better idea to use MCP CTR knob to control both BRGs and use knob press to toggle between them. Is that what you mean?MCP TFC knob then can be used for both displays' brightness and something else we may need. What do you think?Now I'm working on BARO knob to make it control both BARO and pressurasion panel's Land Level. With toggle on press again.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

But may be it's a better idea to use MCP CTR knob to control both BRGs and use knob press to toggle between them. Is that what you mean?
Yes exactly....But no need to delete the other possibility. Just make different parameters.That is why I have such big gaps between certain parameters: to have space between them to insert code at a later point...And yes, I get a "Thread killed" log message (but LUA script is working afterwards for ALT, HDg etc)Can't fin and error in the script or why it is behaving so...???

Guenter Steiner

And yes, I get a "Thread killed" log message (but LUA script is working afterwards for ALT, HDg etc)Can't fin and error in the script or why it is behaving so...???
Could you please add this lines to your fsuipc.ini:
[General]Debug=PleaseLogExtras=x4

And show me several lines from fsuipc.log above and below the "Thread killed" message. Actually I don't see any difference in code between AP ALT and BRG/DH blocks... everything seems the same.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....damned!I forgot to assign the Button to "LuaValue J41AP" instead of just "Lua J41AP"I haven't seen that difference the whole time.... grrrrrrrmany, many thanks for your help!!!it is working now, of course!!!!

Guenter Steiner

Oh, and for the MCP FTC zoom dial switch I have assigned the Flightplan zoom.Normally switched in VC at the WXfake panelHere is te LUA code for it

--  zoom outelseif ipcPARAM == 205 then		ipc.control(66587,4930)		ipc.control(66587,8031)--  zoom inelseif ipcPARAM == 206 then		ipc.control(66587,4940)		ipc.control(66587,8031)

Guenter Steiner

I forgot to assign the Button to "LuaValue J41AP" instead of just "Lua J41AP"I haven't seen that difference the whole time.... grrrrrrr
Nice to hear you made it :-)So, what about BRG1/2 - do we really need to put them to one knob or leave it like it is right now? No problem to do it other way, but then will be a little problem with knob rotation direction. I mean that left BRG knob on JS41 rotates counerclockwise and the right BRG - clockwise. When I use both knobs on MCP I set them to work in direction accordingly to JS41 EFIS knobs. And if we gonna use the alternative approach with one rotary on MCP for both BRGs, then we should rotate it in defferent directions for each of BRGs or rotate the same direction, but loosing visual feedback on JS41 knobs. Usability nuances :-)And if we put both of BRGs to one MCP knob, then second MCP knob becomes empty... only display brightness, which is not so interesting :-)upd:Just saw your answer about FPL zoom. Good idea.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

So, what about BRG1/2 - do we really need to put them to one knob or leave it like it is right now? No problem to do it other way, but then will be a little problem with knob rotation direction. I mean that left BRG knob on JS41 rotates counerclockwise and the right BRG - clockwise. When I use both knobs on MCP I set them to work in direction accordingly to JS41 EFIS knobs. And if we gonna use the alternative approach with one rotary on MCP for both BRGs, then we should rotate it in defferent directions for each of BRGs or rotate the same direction, but loosing visual feedback on JS41 knobs. Usability nuances :-)
good point, have't thought about it!but I think you can program it easily (hopefully) that the MCP dial switch will change with every BRG:increasing counterclockwise when in BRG1 mode and increasing clockwise when in BRG2 mode..I think it should be very intuitive for the user and you should get easily used to it, what do you think?And as I said: please don't delete te current code.Just add this to the LUA script as Parameters 80 to 90too sad, that we couldn't get the fitting hardware for every different addon ... :biggrin:But 737NGX and the MCP would be a perfect fitting!!!!

Guenter Steiner

And as I said: please don't delete te current code.Just add this to the LUA script as Parameters 80 to 90
Ok. I'll do it later today and post the results.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Made it!Updates:1. Settings (70-80 block) to control both BRGs with one MCP knob, use knob press to toggle between BRG1 and BRG22. Settings (80-90 block) to control ADI&HSI brightness and FPL Zoom with one MCP knob, press to toggle3. Settings (90-100 block) to control BARO and Landing Elev with one MCP knob, press to toggleFor all dual function knob settings current mode is shown in floating LUA window, which disappears automaticaly after a second.Here it is:

-- ########################################################### ---- ## VRI MCP Rotaries/Display script  v1.0b  14 apr. 2011  ## ---- ## For PMDG JS41 / by Artem Crum, artem.crum@gmail.com   ## -- -- ## Based on script originaly written by Guenter Steiner  ## ---- ########################################################### ---- WHAT~s FOR-- This script is for controlling PMDG JS41 autopilot rotaries with VRInsight MCP Combo unit-- Script updates MCP display info accordingly to what is set inside the simulator-- !!! ONLY rotaries are programmed here, not the buttons. Use Guenter~s original script for buttons  !!!-- HOW TO USE-- bla-bla-bla about setting up the staff... -- to be written by someone whou knows english better than I do ---- 1) BTW Script should be started automaticaly form *ipcReady.lua* file in modules folder--	You should add there something like that: ipc.runlua("pmdg-js41-rotaries.lua")---- 2) In FSUIPC~s Buttons/Switches section the "LuaValue pmdg-js41-rotaries" control should be used-- -- 3) !!! Both press and release settings should be set in FSUIPC for each MCP button !!!-- LuaValue parameters-- Press/Release settings in FSUIPC-------------------------------------- 1/2 - ALT plus-- 3/4 - ALT plus fast-- 5/6 - ALT minus-- 7/8 - ALT minus fast--------------------------------------- 11/12 - HDG plus-- 13/14 - HDG plus fast-- 15/16 - HDG minus-- 17/18 - HDG minus fast--------------------------------------- 21/22 - CRS plus-- 23/24 - CRS plus fast-- 25/26 - CRS minus-- 27/28 - CRS minus fast--------------------------------------- 31/32 - IAS plus-- 33/34 - IAS plus fast-- 35/36 - IAS minus-- 37/38 - IAS minus fast--------------------------------------- 41/42 - VS plus-- 43/44 - VS minus--------------------------------------- 51/52 - EFIS BRG1 plus / ADI Brightnes plus       	<< BRG controls, version with two MCP knobs, -- 53/54 - EFIS BRG1 minus / ADI Brightnes minus     	<< both CTR and TFC  -- 55/56 - EFIS BRG2 plus / HSI Brightnes plus-- 57/58 - EFIS BRG2 minus / HSI Brightnes minus-- 59/60 - Toggle BRG / Brightness mode (BRG - default mode)--------------------------------------- 61/62 - EFIS DH plus        	<< While rotating MCP ALT display will show the DH currently set-- 63/64 - EFIS DH plus fast      	To get back to AP ALT display use 69/70 params and assign them-- 65/66 - EFIS DH minus          	to MCP DH (MINS) rotary press.   -- 67/68 - EFIS DH minus fast-- 69/70 - Update MCP ALT dispay   << Returns MCP ALT display to normal mode (shows AP ALT in JS41)--------------------------------------- 71/72 - EFIS BRGs plus       	<< BRG controls, version with one MCP knob -- 73/74 - EFIS BRGs minus      	<< and toggle between BRG1 and BRG2 -- 75/76 - Toggle BRG1 / BRG2 modes--------------------------------------- 81/82 - ADI&HSI Brightness / FPL Zoom plus-- 83/84 - ADI&HSI Brightness / FPL Zoom minus-- 85/86 - Toggle Brightness / Zoom modes--------------------------------------- 91/92 - BARO / Elev plus-- 93/94 - BARO / Elev plus fast-- 95/96 - BARO / Elev minus-- 97/98 - BARO / Elev minus fast-- 99/100 - RARO / Elev toggle--------------------------------------- VRI COM-port settingsif VRImodel == nil then  VRIdevice = "COM3"   VRIdriver = "COM9"end-- ################################################# ---- ## !!! No user settings below this boundry !!! ## --	-- ################################################# ---- COM port paramsspeed = 115200 handshake = 0  minsize = 8maxsize = 8 	-- Tuning fast rotation speedsfast_alt = 10 -- << increment value when rotary in fast mode fast_hdg = 5fast_crs = 5fast_ias = 3fast_dh = 5  	-- << Decision heightfast_baro = 10fast_elev = 10	 -- << Landing Elevation-- Setting initial varibles valuesefis_brg1 = 0efis_brg2 = 0efis_dh_alt = 5dim = 0 -- << Brightness / BRG togglebaro = 1 -- << BARO / Landing Elev togglebrg = 1 -- << BRG1 / BRG2 togglezoom = 0 -- << Dim / Zoom toggle-- Trying to make a persistent connection to VRI MCPdev = com.open(VRIdevice, speed, handshake)if dev == 0 then	ipc.log("Could not open VRIdevice port!")	ipc.display("Could not open VRIdevice port!")	ipc.sleep(5000)end-- Working with MCP Rotariesfunction JS41dials(param)	-- AP ALT Rotary	if param > 0 and param < 10 then			-- ALT plus		if param == 1 or param == 2 then			Var = ipc.readLvar("IrcAltSelKnob")			if Var > 100 then Var = 1 end			ipc.writeLvar("IrcAltSelKnob", Var+1)			ipc.control(66587,3921)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- ALT plus fast		elseif param == 3 or param == 4 then			Var = ipc.readLvar("IrcAltSelKnob")			if Var > 100 then Var = 1 end			ipc.writeLvar("IrcAltSelKnob", Var+5)			for n=1, fast_alt, 1 do ipc.control(66587,3921) end			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- ALT minus		elseif param == 5 or param == 6 then			Var = ipc.readLvar("IrcAltSelKnob")			if Var < 1 then Var = 100 end			ipc.writeLvar("IrcAltSelKnob", Var-1)			ipc.control(66587,3920)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- ALT minus fast		elseif param == 7 or param == 8 then			Var = ipc.readLvar("IrcAltSelKnob")			if Var < 1 then Var = 100 end			ipc.writeLvar("IrcAltSelKnob", Var-5)			for n=1, fast_alt, 1 do ipc.control(66587,3920) end			ipc.control(66587,8031)		end			-- Updating MCP display		-- Only altitude		ipc.sleep(50) -- << waiting for FSX data update				buffer = ipc.readLvar("L:AltSelAlt")/100		if buffer < 0 then buffer = 0 end				com.write(dev, string.format("ALT%03d", buffer), 8)					return -- << finishing function execution	end		-- ############################################################## --			-- AP HDG Rotary	if param > 10 and param < 20 then			-- HDG plus		if param == 11 or param == 12 then			ipc.control(66587,26902)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- HDG plus fast		elseif param == 13 or param == 14 then			for n=1, fast_hdg, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26902) end			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- HDG minus		elseif param == 15 or param == 16 then			ipc.control(66587,26901)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- HDG minus fast		elseif param == 17 or param == 18 then			for n=1, fast_hdg, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26901)end			ipc.control(66587,8031)					end					-- Updating MCP display		-- Only heading		ipc.sleep(150) -- << waiting for FSX data update					buffer = ipc.readLvar("L:HDGBug")		com.write(dev, string.format("HDG%03d", buffer), 8)					return -- << finishing function execution	end	-- ############################################################## --	-- AP CRS Rotary	if param > 20 and param < 30 then			-- CRS plus		if param == 21 or param == 22 then			ipc.control(66587,26702)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- CRS plus fast		elseif param == 23 or param == 24 then			for n=1, fast_crs, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26702) end			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- CRS minus		elseif param == 25 or param == 26 then			ipc.control(66587,26701)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- CRS minus fast		elseif param == 27 or param == 28 then			for n=1, fast_crs, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26701) end			ipc.control(66587,8031)					end				-- No need to send data to MCP here, just exiting		return -- << finishing function execution	end	-- ############################################################## --		-- AP IAS Rotary	if param > 30 and param < 40 then			-- IAS plus 		if param == 31 or param == 32 then					ipc.control(66587,26802)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- IAS plus fast		elseif param == 33 or param == 34 then			for n=1, fast_ias, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26802) end			ipc.control(66587,8031)							-- IAS minus		elseif param == 35 or param == 36 then					ipc.control(66587,26801)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- IAS minus fast		elseif param == 37 or param == 38 then			for n=1, fast_ias, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26801) end			ipc.control(66587,8031)				end				-- No need to send data to MCP here, just exiting		return -- << finishing function execution	end	-- ############################################################## --			-- AP VS Rotary	if param > 40 and param < 50 then			-- VS inc		if param == 41 or param == 42 then								buffer = ipc.readLvar("L:VSIASTarget")			Var = ipc.readLvar("L:AP_PitchWheel")			ipc.writeLvar("AP_PitchWheel", Var+10)			ipc.writeLvar("L:VSIASTarget", buffer+100)						ipc.control(65894)			ipc.control(66587,8031)						ipc.sleep(40)			com.write(dev, string.format("DSP_%04d", buffer), 8)		-- VS dec		elseif param == 43 or param == 44 then								buffer = ipc.readLvar("L:VSIASTarget")			Var = ipc.readLvar("L:AP_PitchWheel")			ipc.writeLvar("AP_PitchWheel", Var-10)			ipc.writeLvar("L:VSIASTarget", buffer-100)			ipc.control(65895)			ipc.control(66587,8031)			ipc.sleep(40)			com.write(dev, string.format("DSP_%04d", buffer), 8)				end				return -- << finishing function execution	end	-- ############################################################## --	-- EFIS BRG Rotaries (version 1 --> with two MCP knobs, both CTR and TFC)	if param > 50 and param <= 60 then			-- BRG1 plus		if param == 51 or param == 52 then			-- Normal (BRG) mode			if dim == 0 then							efis_brg1 = efis_brg1 - 1				if efis_brg1 < 0 then efis_brg1 = 0 end 								ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingCircleKnob", efis_brg1)				ipc.control(66587,220)				ipc.control(66587,8031)			-- Brightness mode				else				buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob")				if buffer < 96 then buffer = buffer + 5 end				ipc.control(66587,2210)				ipc.sleep(5)				ipc.control(66587,8031)				ipc.writeLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob",buffer)							end				-- BRG1 minus		elseif param == 53 or param == 54 then			-- Normal (BRG) mode			if dim == 0 then							efis_brg1 = efis_brg1 + 1				if efis_brg1 > 3 then efis_brg1 = 3 end							ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingCircleKnob", efis_brg1)				ipc.control(66587,220)				ipc.control(66587,8031)			-- Brightness mode				else				buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob")				if buffer > 5 then buffer = buffer - 5 end				ipc.control(66587,2210)				ipc.sleep(5)				ipc.control(66587,8031)				ipc.writeLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob",buffer)							end						end						-- BRG2 plus		if param == 55 or param == 56 then			-- Normal (BRG) mode			if dim == 0 then							efis_brg2 = efis_brg2 - 1				if efis_brg2 < 0 then efis_brg2 = 0 end 								ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingDiamondKnob", efis_brg2)				ipc.control(66587,223)				ipc.control(66587,8031)					-- Brightness mode				else				buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob")				if buffer > 5 then buffer = buffer - 5 end				ipc.control(66587,21907)				ipc.sleep(5)				ipc.control(66587,8031)				ipc.writeLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob",buffer)							end					-- BRG2 minus		elseif param == 57 or param == 58 then			-- Normal (BRG) mode			if dim == 0 then							efis_brg2 = efis_brg2 + 1				if efis_brg2 > 3 then efis_brg2 = 3 end							ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingDiamondKnob", efis_brg2)				ipc.control(66587,223)				ipc.control(66587,8031)			-- Brightness mode				else				buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob")				if buffer < 96 then buffer = buffer + 5 end				ipc.sleep(5)				ipc.control(66587,8031)				ipc.writeLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob",buffer)	  			end					end				-- Toggle to DIM rotary mod and back		if param == 59 then				dim = 1				ipc.display("Display brightness mode ON",1)		elseif param == 60 then				dim = 0				ipc.display("Display brightness mode OFF",1)		end		return -- << finishing function execution	end	-- ############################################################## --	-- EFIS DH Rotary	if param > 60 and param <= 70 then				-- DH plus		if param == 61 or param == 62 then			ipc.control(66587,22111)						if efis_dh_alt < 200 then 				efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt + 5			else				efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt + 10			end						if efis_dh_alt > 990 then efis_dh_alt = 990 end					-- DH plus fast		elseif param == 63 or param == 64 then			for n=1, fast_dh, 1 do 				ipc.control(66587,22111) 				if efis_dh_alt < 200 then 					efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt + 5				else					efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt + 10				end			end			if efis_dh_alt > 990 then efis_dh_alt = 990 end								-- DH minus		elseif param == 65 or param == 66 then			ipc.control(66587,22110)			if efis_dh_alt <= 200 then 				efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt - 5			else				efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt - 10			end						if efis_dh_alt < 5 then efis_dh_alt = 5 end					-- DH minus fast		elseif param == 67 or param == 68 then			for n=1, fast_dh, 1 do 				ipc.control(66587,22110) 				if efis_dh_alt <= 200 then 					efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt - 5				else					efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt - 10				end			end						if efis_dh_alt < 5 then efis_dh_alt = 5 end					end		-- Updating MCP display to show DH		com.write(dev, string.format("ALT%03d", efis_dh_alt), 8)			-- Revert to AP ALT display		if param == 69 or param == 70 then			buffer = ipc.readLvar("L:AltSelAlt")/100			if buffer < 0 then buffer = 0 end					com.write(dev, string.format("ALT%03d", buffer), 8)					end		return -- << finishing function execution	end	-- ############################################################## --	-- EFIS BRG Rotaries (version 2 --> MCP CTR knob controls both BRGs)	if param > 70 and param <= 80 then			-- BRG plus		if param == 71 or param == 72 then			-- BRG1			if brg == 1 then							efis_brg1 = efis_brg1 - 1				if efis_brg1 < 0 then efis_brg1 = 0 end 								ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingCircleKnob", efis_brg1)				ipc.control(66587,220)				ipc.control(66587,8031)			-- BRG2				else				efis_brg2 = efis_brg2 + 1				if efis_brg2 > 3 then efis_brg2 = 3 end							ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingDiamondKnob", efis_brg2)				ipc.control(66587,223)				ipc.control(66587,8031)							end				-- BRG minus		elseif param == 73 or param == 74 then			-- BRG1			if brg == 1 then							efis_brg1 = efis_brg1 + 1				if efis_brg1 > 3 then efis_brg1 = 3 end							ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingCircleKnob", efis_brg1)				ipc.control(66587,220)				ipc.control(66587,8031)			-- BRG2				else							efis_brg2 = efis_brg2 - 1				if efis_brg2 < 0 then efis_brg2 = 0 end 								ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingDiamondKnob", efis_brg2)				ipc.control(66587,223)				ipc.control(66587,8031)			end						end								-- Toggle BRG1 / BRG2		if param == 75 then				brg = 2				ipc.display("BRG2 Diamond knob selected",1)		elseif param == 76 then				brg = 1				ipc.display("BRG1 Circle knob selected",1)		end		return -- << finishing function execution	end	-- ############################################################## --	-- Displays~ brightness / FPL Zoom	if param > 80 and param <= 90 then			-- Plus		if param == 81 or param == 82 then			-- Zoom mode			if zoom == 1 then							ipc.control(66587,4930)				ipc.control(66587,8031)			-- Brightness mode				else				-- ADI plus				buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob")				if buffer < 96 then buffer = buffer + 5 end				-- ipc.control(66587,2210)				ipc.sleep(5)				ipc.control(66587,8031)				ipc.writeLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob",buffer)								-- HSI plus				buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob")				if buffer < 96 then buffer = buffer + 5 end				ipc.sleep(5)				ipc.control(66587,8031)				ipc.writeLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob",buffer)			end				-- Minus		elseif param == 83 or param == 84 then			-- Zoom mode			if zoom == 1 then							ipc.control(66587,4940)				ipc.control(66587,8031)						-- Brightness mode				else				-- ADI minus				buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob")				if buffer > 5 then buffer = buffer - 5 end				-- ipc.control(66587,2210)				ipc.sleep(5)				ipc.control(66587,8031)				ipc.writeLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob",buffer)								-- HSI minus				buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob")				if buffer > 5 then buffer = buffer - 5 end				-- ipc.control(66587,21907)				ipc.sleep(5)				ipc.control(66587,8031)				ipc.writeLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob",buffer)							end						end										-- Toggle to Zoom / Brightness modes		if param == 85 then				zoom = 0				ipc.display("Brightness mode",1)		elseif param == 86 then				zoom = 1				ipc.display("Zoom mode",1)		end		return -- << finishing function execution	end	-- ############################################################## --		-- BARO / Land Elev	if param > 90 and param <= 100 then			-- Plus		if param == 91 or param == 92 then			-- BARO			if baro == 1 then				currbaro = ipc.readUW(0x330)				currbaro = currbaro + 1				ipc.writeUW(0x330, currbaro)			-- Elev				else				ipc.control(66587,1021)						end					-- Plus fast		elseif param == 93 or param == 94 then			-- BARO			if baro == 1 then				currbaro = ipc.readUW(0x330)				currbaro = currbaro + fast_baro				ipc.writeUW(0x330, currbaro)			-- Elev				else				for n=1, fast_elev, 1 do ipc.control(66587,1021) end						end				-- Minus		elseif param == 95 or param == 96 then			-- BARO			if baro == 1 then							currbaro = ipc.readUW(0x330)				currbaro = currbaro - 1				ipc.writeUW(0x330, currbaro)						-- Elev				else				ipc.control(66587,1020)							end		-- Minus fast		elseif param == 97 or param == 98 then			-- BARO			if baro == 1 then							currbaro = ipc.readUW(0x330)				currbaro = currbaro - fast_baro				ipc.writeUW(0x330, currbaro)						-- Elev				else				for n=1, fast_elev, 1 do ipc.control(66587,1020) end							end						end												-- Toggle to BARO / Elev modes		if param == 99 then				baro = 0				ipc.display("Land Elev mode",1)		elseif param == 100 then				baro = 1				ipc.display("BARO mode",1)		end		return -- << finishing function execution	end	-- ############################################################## --endevent.param("JS41dials")

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Idea for future:We can use "modes" logic for user controlled buttons. Ex.: mode one to control lights and anti-ice systems and mode two to control engine start/stop functions. And we can use MCP's AP Disengage switch to choose the mode (hardware switch is better than button because it's always visible and we definitely know what mode is on right now).Actually we can set any number of modes and not only for user buttons but for whole MCP unit... if we need this somehow.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

good idea!I haven'T now tested your new LUA but will ASAP and report back!!!many thanks for this!I think we are a good team for any further LUA scriptings Big%20Grin.gif

Guenter Steiner

More updates on script:1. New structurePackage now contains two scripts - one small which automaticaly starts the bigger one if PMDG JS41 aircraft selected (based on Word Not Allowed's original script). This made to optimize resource usage when loading any other aircraft and to reload script when reloading JS41. IpcReady.lua should be modified now to run "mcp-init.lua". Second file should be named "pmdg-js41-knobs.lua". If you're updating from the previous version and already made button/swithches assignment in FSUIPC you can change the name of previous lua to the new one in order to not to loose them. See fsuipc.ini [LuaFiles] section and rename there "pmdg-js41-dials" (or what name you did set) to the new one "pmdg-js41-knobs".2. Main if-elseif-end block simplified by putting main code to separate lua functions named by MCP knobs.3. On rotating/pushing SPD knob the MCP display now shows the current JS41 bug selected (V1/Vr/V2/Vyse) and it's speed.4. On rotating VS knob display shows vertical speed set with correct plus/minus sign.mcp-init.lua

-- Dispatcher for aircraft specific lua scripts-- Should be started from ipcReady.lua -- add there: ipc.runlua("pmdg-js41-knobs.lua")-- Originaly: -- LUA Script V 1.0-- 25.09.2010-- Word Not Allowed Prokopiu-- Modified:-- 17.04.2011-- Artem Crum-- Purpose: optimization and further development-- Purpose 2: just learning and having fun...ipc.set("VRIdevice", "com3")ipc.set("VRIdriver", "com9")function setAirplane(offset, value)  acftname = ipc.readSTR(0x3D00, 35)  ipc.log("Aircraft: " .. acftname .. ":")  handleName = "Error"  ipc.macro("LuaKill pmdg-js41-knobs")  ipc.macro("LuaKill pmdg-js41-buttons")  if string.find(acftname,"PMDG Jetstream 41",0,true)  then	handleName = "pmdg-js41"	ipc.macro("Lua pmdg-js41-knobs")	ipc.macro("Lua pmdg-js41-buttons")  else	handleName="ms-common"	-- ipc.macro("Lua ms-common")  end  ipc.log("Aircraft type: " .. handleName)  ipc.set("aircraftType", handleName)endsetAirplane(0x3D00, "")event.offset(0x3D00, "STR", 99, "setAirplane")

###################################################################################pmdg-js41-knobs.lua

-- ########################################################### ---- ## VRI MCP Rotaries/Display script  v1.1b  18 apr. 2011  ## ---- ## For PMDG JS41 / by Artem Crum, artem.crum@gmail.com   ## -- -- ## Based on script originaly written by Guenter Steiner  ## ---- ########################################################### ---- WHAT~s FOR-- This script is for controlling PMDG JS41 autopilot rotaries with VRInsight MCP Combo unit-- Script updates MCP display info accordingly to what is set inside the simulator-- !!! ONLY rotaries are programmed here, not the buttons. Use Guenter~s original script for buttons  !!!-- HOW TO USE-- bla-bla-bla about setting up the staff... -- to be written by someone whou knows english better than I do ---- 1) BTW Script should be started automaticaly by mcp-init.lua script---- 2) In FSUIPC~s Buttons/Switches section the "LuaValue pmdg-js41-rotaries" control should be used-- -- 3) !!! Both press and release settings should be set in FSUIPC for each MCP button !!!-- LuaValue parameters-- Press/Release settings in FSUIPC-------------------------------------- 1/2 - ALT plus-- 3/4 - ALT plus fast-- 5/6 - ALT minus-- 7/8 - ALT minus fast--------------------------------------- 11/12 - HDG plus-- 13/14 - HDG plus fast-- 15/16 - HDG minus-- 17/18 - HDG minus fast--------------------------------------- 21/22 - CRS plus-- 23/24 - CRS plus fast-- 25/26 - CRS minus-- 27/28 - CRS minus fast--------------------------------------- 31/32 - IAS plus-- 33/34 - IAS plus fast-- 35/36 - IAS minus-- 37/38 - IAS minus fast-- 39/40 - IAS bug select--------------------------------------- 41/42 - VS plus-- 43/44 - VS minus--------------------------------------- 51/52 - EFIS BRG1 plus / ADI Brightnes plus       	<< BRG controls, version with two MCP knobs, -- 53/54 - EFIS BRG1 minus / ADI Brightnes minus     	<< both CTR and TFC  -- 55/56 - EFIS BRG2 plus / HSI Brightnes plus-- 57/58 - EFIS BRG2 minus / HSI Brightnes minus-- 59/60 - Toggle BRG / Brightness mode (BRG - default mode)--------------------------------------- 61/62 - EFIS DH plus        	<< While rotating MCP ALT display will show the DH currently set-- 63/64 - EFIS DH plus fast      	To get back to AP ALT display use 69/70 params and assign them-- 65/66 - EFIS DH minus          	to MCP DH (MINS) rotary press.   -- 67/68 - EFIS DH minus fast-- 69/70 - Update MCP ALT dispay   << Returns MCP ALT display to normal mode (shows AP ALT in JS41)--------------------------------------- 71/72 - EFIS BRGs plus       	<< BRG controls, version with one MCP knob -- 73/74 - EFIS BRGs minus      	<< and toggle between BRG1 and BRG2 -- 75/76 - Toggle BRG1 / BRG2 modes--------------------------------------- 81/82 - ADI&HSI Brightness / FPL Zoom plus-- 83/84 - ADI&HSI Brightness / FPL Zoom minus-- 85/86 - Toggle Brightness / Zoom modes--------------------------------------- 91/92 - BARO / Elev plus-- 93/94 - BARO / Elev plus fast-- 95/96 - BARO / Elev minus-- 97/98 - BARO / Elev minus fast-- 99/100 - RARO / Elev toggle--------------------------------------- ################################################# ---- ## !!! No user settings below this boundry !!! ## --	-- ################################################# --VRIdevice = ipc.get("VRIdevice")VRIdriver = ipc.get("VRIdriver")-- COM port paramsspeed = 115200 handshake = 0  minsize = 8maxsize = 8 	-- Tuning fast rotation speedsfast_alt = 10 -- << increment value when rotary in fast mode fast_hdg = 5fast_crs = 5fast_ias = 5fast_dh = 5  	-- << Decision heightfast_baro = 10fast_elev = 10	 -- << Landing Elevation-- Setting initial varibles valuesprev_mask = 0prev_num = 0efis_brg1 = 0efis_brg2 = 0efis_dh_alt = 5dim = 0 -- << Brightness / BRG togglebaro = 1 -- << BARO / Landing Elev togglebrg = 1 -- << BRG1 / BRG2 togglezoom = 0 -- << Dim / Zoom toggleias_bug = 1ias_v1 = 0ias_vr = 45ias_v2 = 50ias_vy = 55-- Trying to make a persistent connection to VRI MCPdev = com.open(VRIdevice, speed, handshake)if dev == 0 then	ipc.log("Could not open VRIdevice port!")	ipc.display("Could not open VRIdevice port!")	ipc.sleep(5000)end-- Initial dispaly databuffer = ipc.readLvar("L:AltSelAlt")/100com.write(dev, string.format("ALT%03d", buffer), 8)ipc.sleep(50)com.write(dev, "SPD000", 8)ipc.sleep(50)com.write(dev, "DSP0	", 8)ipc.sleep(50)com.write(dev, "DSP1	", 8)-- Working with MCP Rotariesfunction JS41dials(param)	-- AP ALT Rotary	if param > 0 and param <= 10 then			AltKnob (param)		-- AP HDG Rotary	elseif param > 10 and param <= 20 then			HdgKnob (param)	-- AP CRS Rotary	elseif param > 20 and param <= 30 then		CrsKnob (param)		-- AP IAS Rotary	elseif param > 30 and param <= 40 then			SpdKnob(param)			-- AP VS Rotary	elseif param > 40 and param <= 50 then		VsKnob (param)	-- EFIS BRG Rotaries (version 1 --> with two MCP knobs, both CTR and TFC)	elseif param > 50 and param <= 60 then		BrgKnobs (param)	-- EFIS DH Rotary	elseif param > 60 and param <= 70 then			MinsKnob (param)	-- EFIS BRG Rotaries (version 2 --> MCP CTR knob controls both BRGs)	elseif param > 70 and param <= 80 then			CtrKnob (param)	-- Displays~ brightness / FPL Zoom	elseif param > 80 and param <= 90 then			TfcKnob (param)		-- BARO / Land Elev	elseif param > 90 and param <= 100 then			BaroKnob (param)	endend-- ############################################################## ---- ############################################################## --function HdgKnob (param)		-- HDG plus		if param == 11 or param == 12 then			ipc.control(66587,26902)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- HDG plus fast		elseif param == 13 or param == 14 then			for n=1, fast_hdg, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26902) end			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- HDG minus		elseif param == 15 or param == 16 then			ipc.control(66587,26901)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- HDG minus fast		elseif param == 17 or param == 18 then			for n=1, fast_hdg, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26901)end			ipc.control(66587,8031)					end					-- Updating MCP display		-- Only heading		ipc.sleep(150) -- << waiting for FSX data update					buffer = ipc.readLvar("L:HDGBug")		com.write(dev, string.format("HDG%03d", buffer), 8)end-- ############################################################## ---- ############################################################## --function AltKnob (param)	-- ALT plus	if param == 1 or param == 2 then		Var = ipc.readLvar("IrcAltSelKnob")		if Var > 100 then Var = 1 end		ipc.writeLvar("IrcAltSelKnob", Var+1)		ipc.control(66587,3921)		ipc.control(66587,8031)	-- ALT plus fast	elseif param == 3 or param == 4 then		Var = ipc.readLvar("IrcAltSelKnob")		if Var > 100 then Var = 1 end		ipc.writeLvar("IrcAltSelKnob", Var+5)		for n=1, fast_alt, 1 do ipc.control(66587,3921) end		ipc.control(66587,8031)	-- ALT minus	elseif param == 5 or param == 6 then		Var = ipc.readLvar("IrcAltSelKnob")		if Var < 1 then Var = 100 end		ipc.writeLvar("IrcAltSelKnob", Var-1)		ipc.control(66587,3920)		ipc.control(66587,8031)	-- ALT minus fast	elseif param == 7 or param == 8 then		Var = ipc.readLvar("IrcAltSelKnob")		if Var < 1 then Var = 100 end		ipc.writeLvar("IrcAltSelKnob", Var-5)		for n=1, fast_alt, 1 do ipc.control(66587,3920) end		ipc.control(66587,8031)	end	-- Updating MCP display	-- Only altitude	ipc.sleep(50)	com.write(dev, "DSP0	", 8)	ipc.sleep(50) -- << waiting for FSX data update		buffer = ipc.readLvar("L:AltSelAlt")/100	if buffer < 0 then buffer = 0 end			com.write(dev, string.format("ALT%03d", buffer), 8)end-- ############################################################## ---- ############################################################## --function MinsKnob (param)	-- DH plus	if param == 61 or param == 62 then		ipc.control(66587,22111)				if efis_dh_alt < 200 then 			efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt + 5		else			efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt + 10		end				if efis_dh_alt > 990 then efis_dh_alt = 990 end			-- DH plus fast	elseif param == 63 or param == 64 then		for n=1, fast_dh, 1 do 			ipc.control(66587,22111) 			if efis_dh_alt < 200 then 				efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt + 5			else				efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt + 10			end		end		if efis_dh_alt > 990 then efis_dh_alt = 990 end						-- DH minus	elseif param == 65 or param == 66 then		ipc.control(66587,22110)		if efis_dh_alt <= 200 then 			efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt - 5		else			efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt - 10		end				if efis_dh_alt < 5 then efis_dh_alt = 5 end			-- DH minus fast	elseif param == 67 or param == 68 then		for n=1, fast_dh, 1 do 			ipc.control(66587,22110) 			if efis_dh_alt <= 200 then 				efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt - 5			else				efis_dh_alt = efis_dh_alt - 10			end		end				if efis_dh_alt < 5 then efis_dh_alt = 5 end			end	-- Updating MCP display to show DH	com.write(dev, "DSP0 DH ", 8)	ipc.sleep(50)	com.write(dev, "DSP1	", 8)	if efis_dh_alt == 5 then		com.write(dev, string.format("ALT000", efis_dh_alt), 8)	else		com.write(dev, string.format("ALT%03d", efis_dh_alt), 8)	end		-- Revert to AP ALT display	if param == 69 or param == 70 then		buffer = ipc.readLvar("L:AltSelAlt")/100		if buffer < 0 then buffer = 0 end				ipc.sleep(100)		com.write(dev, string.format("ALT%03d", buffer), 8)		ipc.sleep(50)		com.write(dev, "DSP0	", 8)			endend-- ############################################################## ---- ############################################################## ---- back compatibilityfunction BrgKnobs (param)	-- BRG1 plus	if param == 51 or param == 52 then		-- Normal (BRG) mode		if dim == 0 then					efis_brg1 = efis_brg1 - 1			if efis_brg1 < 0 then efis_brg1 = 0 end 						ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingCircleKnob", efis_brg1)			ipc.control(66587,220)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- Brightness mode			else			buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob")			if buffer < 96 then buffer = buffer + 5 end			ipc.control(66587,2210)			ipc.sleep(5)			ipc.control(66587,8031)			ipc.writeLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob",buffer)					end		-- BRG1 minus	elseif param == 53 or param == 54 then		-- Normal (BRG) mode		if dim == 0 then					efis_brg1 = efis_brg1 + 1			if efis_brg1 > 3 then efis_brg1 = 3 end						ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingCircleKnob", efis_brg1)			ipc.control(66587,220)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- Brightness mode			else			buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob")			if buffer > 5 then buffer = buffer - 5 end			ipc.control(66587,2210)			ipc.sleep(5)			ipc.control(66587,8031)			ipc.writeLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob",buffer)					end				end				-- BRG2 plus	if param == 55 or param == 56 then		-- Normal (BRG) mode		if dim == 0 then					efis_brg2 = efis_brg2 - 1			if efis_brg2 < 0 then efis_brg2 = 0 end 						ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingDiamondKnob", efis_brg2)			ipc.control(66587,223)			ipc.control(66587,8031)			-- Brightness mode			else			buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob")			if buffer > 5 then buffer = buffer - 5 end			ipc.control(66587,21907)			ipc.sleep(5)			ipc.control(66587,8031)			ipc.writeLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob",buffer)					end			-- BRG2 minus	elseif param == 57 or param == 58 then		-- Normal (BRG) mode		if dim == 0 then					efis_brg2 = efis_brg2 + 1			if efis_brg2 > 3 then efis_brg2 = 3 end						ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingDiamondKnob", efis_brg2)			ipc.control(66587,223)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- Brightness mode			else			buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob")			if buffer < 96 then buffer = buffer + 5 end			ipc.sleep(5)			ipc.control(66587,8031)			ipc.writeLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob",buffer)  		end			end		-- Toggle to DIM rotary mod and back	if param == 59 then			dim = 1			ipc.display("Display brightness mode ON",1)	elseif param == 60 then			dim = 0			ipc.display("Display brightness mode OFF",1)	endend-- ############################################################## ---- ############################################################## --function TfcKnob (param)	-- Plus	if param == 81 or param == 82 then		-- Zoom mode		if zoom == 1 then					ipc.control(66587,4930)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- Brightness mode			else			-- ADI plus			buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob")			if buffer < 96 then buffer = buffer + 5 end			-- ipc.control(66587,2210)			ipc.sleep(5)			ipc.control(66587,8031)			ipc.writeLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob",buffer)						-- HSI plus			buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob")			if buffer < 96 then buffer = buffer + 5 end			ipc.sleep(5)			ipc.control(66587,8031)			ipc.writeLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob",buffer)		end		-- Minus	elseif param == 83 or param == 84 then		-- Zoom mode		if zoom == 1 then					ipc.control(66587,4940)			ipc.control(66587,8031)				-- Brightness mode			else			-- ADI minus			buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob")			if buffer > 5 then buffer = buffer - 5 end			-- ipc.control(66587,2210)			ipc.sleep(5)			ipc.control(66587,8031)			ipc.writeLvar("LeftAdiDimKnob",buffer)						-- HSI minus			buffer = ipc.readLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob")			if buffer > 5 then buffer = buffer - 5 end			-- ipc.control(66587,21907)			ipc.sleep(5)			ipc.control(66587,8031)			ipc.writeLvar("LeftHsiDimKnob",buffer)					end				end								-- Toggle to Zoom / Brightness modes	if param == 85 then			zoom = 0			ipc.display("Brightness mode",1)	elseif param == 86 then			zoom = 1			ipc.display("Zoom mode",1)	endend-- ############################################################## ---- ############################################################## --function BaroKnob (param)	-- Plus	if param == 91 or param == 92 then		-- BARO		if baro == 1 then			currbaro = ipc.readUW(0x330)			currbaro = currbaro + 1			ipc.writeUW(0x330, currbaro)		-- Elev			else			ipc.control(66587,1021)				end			-- Plus fast	elseif param == 93 or param == 94 then		-- BARO		if baro == 1 then			currbaro = ipc.readUW(0x330)			currbaro = currbaro + fast_baro			ipc.writeUW(0x330, currbaro)		-- Elev			else			for n=1, fast_elev, 1 do ipc.control(66587,1021) end				end		-- Minus	elseif param == 95 or param == 96 then		-- BARO		if baro == 1 then					currbaro = ipc.readUW(0x330)			currbaro = currbaro - 1			ipc.writeUW(0x330, currbaro)				-- Elev			else			ipc.control(66587,1020)					end	-- Minus fast	elseif param == 97 or param == 98 then		-- BARO		if baro == 1 then					currbaro = ipc.readUW(0x330)			currbaro = currbaro - fast_baro			ipc.writeUW(0x330, currbaro)				-- Elev			else			for n=1, fast_elev, 1 do ipc.control(66587,1020) end					end				end									-- Toggle to BARO / Elev modes	if param == 99 then			baro = 0			ipc.display("Land Elev mode",1)	elseif param == 100 then			baro = 1			ipc.display("BARO mode",1)	endend-- ############################################################## ---- ############################################################## --function CtrKnob (param)	-- BRG plus	if param == 71 or param == 72 then		-- BRG1		if brg == 1 then					efis_brg1 = efis_brg1 - 1			if efis_brg1 < 0 then efis_brg1 = 0 end 						ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingCircleKnob", efis_brg1)			ipc.control(66587,220)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- BRG2			else			efis_brg2 = efis_brg2 + 1			if efis_brg2 > 3 then efis_brg2 = 3 end						ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingDiamondKnob", efis_brg2)			ipc.control(66587,223)			ipc.control(66587,8031)					end		-- BRG minus	elseif param == 73 or param == 74 then		-- BRG1		if brg == 1 then					efis_brg1 = efis_brg1 + 1			if efis_brg1 > 3 then efis_brg1 = 3 end						ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingCircleKnob", efis_brg1)			ipc.control(66587,220)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		-- BRG2			else					efis_brg2 = efis_brg2 - 1			if efis_brg2 < 0 then efis_brg2 = 0 end 						ipc.writeLvar("L:LeftBearingDiamondKnob", efis_brg2)			ipc.control(66587,223)			ipc.control(66587,8031)		end				end						-- Toggle BRG1 / BRG2	if param == 75 then			brg = 2			ipc.display("BRG2 Diamond knob selected",1)	elseif param == 76 then			brg = 1			ipc.display("BRG1 Circle knob selected",1)	endend -- ############################################################## ---- ############################################################## --function VsKnob (param)		-- VS inc	if param == 41 or param == 42 then						buffer = ipc.readLvar("L:VSIASTarget")		Var = ipc.readLvar("L:AP_PitchWheel")		ipc.writeLvar("AP_PitchWheel", Var+10)		ipc.writeLvar("L:VSIASTarget", buffer+100)				ipc.control(65894)		ipc.control(66587,8031)				ipc.sleep(40)		com.write(dev, "DSP0 VS ", 8)		if buffer > 0 then			com.write(dev, string.format("DSP1%+03d", buffer), 8)		else 			com.write(dev, string.format("DSP1%004d", buffer), 8)		end	-- VS dec	elseif param == 43 or param == 44 then						buffer = ipc.readLvar("L:VSIASTarget")		Var = ipc.readLvar("L:AP_PitchWheel")		ipc.writeLvar("AP_PitchWheel", Var-10)		ipc.writeLvar("L:VSIASTarget", buffer-100)		ipc.control(65895)		ipc.control(66587,8031)		ipc.sleep(40)		com.write(dev, "DSP0 VS ", 8)		if buffer > 0 then			com.write(dev, string.format("DSP1%+03d", buffer), 8)		else 			com.write(dev, string.format("DSP1%004d", buffer), 8)		end		end		end-- ############################################################## ---- ############################################################## --function CrsKnob (param)	-- CRS plus	if param == 21 or param == 22 then		ipc.control(66587,26702)		ipc.control(66587,8031)	-- CRS plus fast	elseif param == 23 or param == 24 then		for n=1, fast_crs, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26702) end		ipc.control(66587,8031)	-- CRS minus	elseif param == 25 or param == 26 then		ipc.control(66587,26701)		ipc.control(66587,8031)	-- CRS minus fast	elseif param == 27 or param == 28 then		for n=1, fast_crs, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26701) end		ipc.control(66587,8031)			end	end-- ############################################################## ---- ############################################################## --function SpdKnob (param)	-- IAS plus 	if param == 31 or param == 32 then			ipc.control(66587,26802)		ipc.control(66587,8031)				if ias_bug == 1 then					ias_v1 = ias_v1 + 1						com.write(dev, "DSP0V1  ", 8)			com.write(dev, "DSP1	", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_v1), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 2 then					ias_vr = ias_vr + 1						com.write(dev, "DSP0Vr  ", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_vr), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 3 then					ias_v2 = ias_v2 + 1						com.write(dev, "DSP0V2  ", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_v2), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 4 then					ias_vy = ias_vy + 1						com.write(dev, "DSP0Vyse", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_vy), 8)					end	-- IAS plus fast	elseif param == 33 or param == 34 then		for n=1, fast_ias, 1 do  ipc.control(66587,26802) end				if ias_bug == 1 then					ias_v1 = ias_v1 + fast_ias						com.write(dev, "DSP0V1  ", 8)			com.write(dev, "DSP1	", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_v1), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 2 then					ias_vr = ias_vr + fast_ias						com.write(dev, "DSP0Vr  ", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_vr), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 3 then					ias_v2 = ias_v2 + fast_ias						com.write(dev, "DSP0V2  ", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_v2), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 4 then					ias_vy = ias_vy + fast_ias						com.write(dev, "DSP0Vyse", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_vy), 8)					end				ipc.control(66587,8031)	-- IAS minus	elseif param == 35 or param == 36 then			ipc.control(66587,26801)		ipc.control(66587,8031)		if ias_bug == 1 then					ias_v1 = ias_v1 - 1			if ias_v1 < 0 then ias_v1 = 0 end						com.write(dev, "DSP0V1  ", 8)			com.write(dev, "DSP1	", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_v1), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 2 then					ias_vr = ias_vr - 1			if ias_vr < 0 then ias_vr = 0 end						com.write(dev, "DSP0Vr  ", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_vr), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 3 then					ias_v2 = ias_v2 - 1			if ias_v2 < 0 then ias_v2 = 0 end						com.write(dev, "DSP0V2  ", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_v2), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 4 then					ias_vy = ias_vy - 1			if ias_vy < 0 then ias_vy = 0 end						com.write(dev, "DSP0Vyse", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_vy), 8)					end	-- IAS minus fast	elseif param == 37 or param == 38 then		for n=1, fast_ias, 1 do ipc.control(66587,26801) end		if ias_bug == 1 then					ias_v1 = ias_v1 - fast_ias			if ias_v1 < 0 then ias_v1 = 0 end						com.write(dev, "DSP0V1  ", 8)			com.write(dev, "DSP1	", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_v1), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 2 then					ias_vr = ias_vr - fast_ias			if ias_vr < 0 then ias_vr = 0 end						com.write(dev, "DSP0Vr  ", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_vr), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 3 then					ias_v2 = ias_v2 - fast_ias			if ias_v2 < 0 then ias_v2 = 0 end						com.write(dev, "DSP0V2  ", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_v2), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 4 then					ias_vy = ias_vy - fast_ias			if ias_vy < 0 then ias_vy = 0 end						com.write(dev, "DSP0Vyse", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_vy), 8)					end					ipc.control(66587,8031)	end		-- knob press - Vbug select	if param == 39 or param == 40 then						ipc.writeLvar("L:IrcIasKnobPush", 1)		ipc.control(66587,2681)		ipc.control(66587,8031)		ipc.sleep(200)		ipc.writeLvar("L:IrcIasKnobPush", 0)		ipc.control(66587,8031)				ias_bug = ias_bug + 1		if ias_bug > 4 then ias_bug = 1 end			-- showing current bug selected		if ias_bug == 1 then									com.write(dev, "DSP0V1  ", 8)			com.write(dev, "DSP1	", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_v1), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 2 then									com.write(dev, "DSP0Vr  ", 8)			com.write(dev, "DSP1	", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_vr), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 3 then									com.write(dev, "DSP0V2  ", 8)			com.write(dev, "DSP1	", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_v2), 8)					elseif ias_bug == 4 then									com.write(dev, "DSP0Vyse", 8)			com.write(dev, "DSP1	", 8)			com.write(dev, string.format("SPD%03d", ias_vy), 8)					end	end 	endipc.log("MCP-JS41-DIALS: loaded")event.param("JS41dials")

Artem Crum, EASA PPL