Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

FSD Aerostar Spirit of Kai Tak repaint

I have just reinstalled FS9 after a year or two hiatus from using it. My last OS update to Vista64 left me using only FSX and working at tweaking it (an eternal process of frustration) as well as xPlane v9. Missing the Dreamfleet Baron and Bonanza and Aeroworx King Air and FSD Aerostar were the main reasons for the reinstall of FS9. I've got the first three aircraft working well, the DF Baron/Bonanza required some gauge swapping with current RXP offerings. The FSD Aerostar installed fine and works well in its default as downloaded form but the Spirit of Kai Tak repaint will not install using Vista64. Could I trouble someone that has this installed on their system to PM me so we can arrange getting the texture file so I can enjoy this repaint?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Zane, welcome back!!! I was wondering what happened to you. I saw you all over the forums helping the community with your knowledge over the years, and then you disappeared. I hope all is well with you. I am sorry to have gotten OT with your request but really wanted to say hi. I took a little break myself for a while and made the move to FSX for the most part. If you need any leads on where to get the tweaks that actually make a huge difference in FSX, let me know if you hadn't already tried them as they are all over in the FSX forum. Is the repaint you are trying in an installer? If so, have you tried to run the installer as administrator and turn User Access Control off (If that option is in vista?) It is in Windows7 which I use. Hope that helped as I don't know any other solution at the moment. Talk to you soon.Warm regards, Jeff

Hi Jeff,I've got Vista64 working pretty good with a pre I7 processor thanks to Nick's help and a GTX260 video card. I've got Vista64 configured to pretty much act like XP so UAC is off and I tried administrator on the FSD repaint installer but to no avail. I think Vista may not put specific items (ie an init file and log of the oe install of the Aerostar in the XP placeholder) where the installer is looking, therefore I need the texture folder and can make the cfg changes manually. Not an overly big deal since I don't really fly to look at the outside of the plane, but liked Jenny's black panel she did for the Kai Tak version.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Got it now, many thanks Mad Dog.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027