Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

POSKY 757 Help

I downloaded a US Airways 757 by POSKY and it will not show up in the game. I can not figure out why anyone know what is wrong?Here is the first part of the cfg file for the US Airways plane. Can you figure out what is wrong? Cause I can't.[fltsim.0]title=Project Opensky Boeing 757-200 U.S. Airwayssim=B757-200-PW-PW2043model= //add the two letters VC for the VC modelpanel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=N629AUatc_airline=USAir atc_flight_number=1103ui_manufacturer=Project Openskyui_type=757-200 ui_variation=U.S. Airwaysdescription=Project Opensky nBoeing 757-200nVersion 2004.8.0nnFS2004 OnlynnEngine Type: PW2043nnModel Designersn Lee Rosarion Albert Bouwmann C. Vincent Chon Hiroshi IgaminnFlight Dynamics Designern Warren C. DanielnnMaster Texture Designersn Jaco du Preezn Ben HewittnnTechnical Resource-QCn Nick Petersonn Simon NgnnFor proper operation: See B757 manual at: n www.projectopensky.comn US Airways repaint by Corey Ford FlyCOJets@optonline.net

Guest Van

One thing you may have overlooked is the fact that Posky puts their name under ui_manufacturer=Project Opensky. In most cases Boeing would be there, so try srcolling down to Project Opensky in the select aircraft window and it should be there. If that doesn't work you may have the wrong model selected. If you want to use the vc model, then you have to put VC in the model= section.Regards,Van LatendresseYeodesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer

I already tried to change the ui_manufacturer= part to boeing, but that didn't work. I also tried the model=VC and model= and those didn't work either.

Guest davep

Who ever put this particular package together made a mistake. US Airways uses RR engines. The package includes the Rolls Royce .air file but the Pratt & Whitney model. And, the aircraft.cfg file specifies the PW .air file. That combination will cause the aircraft to not show up at all in the menu.The solution is to use the RB211-535E4 model and airfile. The Eastern N508EA package contains the stuff you need.

>Who ever put this particular package together made a mistake.>US Airways uses RR engines. The package includes the Rolls>Royce .air file but the Pratt & Whitney model. And, the>aircraft.cfg file specifies the PW .air file. That combination>will cause the aircraft to not show up at all in the menu.>>The solution is to use the RB211-535E4 model and airfile. The>Eastern N508EA package contains the stuff you need.>Ok that worked, thanks :-)