Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heron1B

EICAS EGT

G'day Guys,Recently upgraded my graphics card from Nvidia GeForce 7950 GX2 to GTX460 1GB with remarkable results excellent frame rates and smoother images.I only have Windows XP, CPU Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz with PSU of 620W still the results are excellent.My interests lie with FS9 as the base sim and the PMDG 737NG model. Resolution 1280x1024x32 in FS9, the monitor and in the Nvidia GTX460 video card. The resolution of 1280x1024x32 was the same with the 7950 GX2 card installed.Now for the question, the B737NG main instrument panel and in particular the EICAS EGT gauge(s). Prior to changing over the video card I had three digit read out for the EGT gauges which is how it should be i.e 470. Since installing the GTX460 I now get a two digit read out i.e. 47 in both 2D and VC panel.I always run FS9 in window mode not full screen.I have tried reinstalling the PMDG model but end up with the same results. Is this due to the new generation graphics card GTX460 having problems with the older PMDG panel textures although all other areas of the instrument panel look normal and function o.k. Noted all panel numerals are slightly larger and much clearer with the GTX460. Just the darn EGT two numeral read out is annoying. Any ideas on a fix or what is the cause?Cheers,Delf

Update with EICAS EGT panel problem, Just did a complete re-install of the 737 model and started fresh. Panel now back to normal and all is fine with the new Nvidia GTX460 card which I can recommend.Cheers,Delf