Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bina

Class D Airspace transition

Today I was flying VFR from KPDX (Portland, OR) to OR39 (Flying Tom, OR). As you can see, my route slightly crosses over KSLE (McNary Field, Salem, OR) which lies within Class D airspace. My altitude was 4,500ft while ceiling of KSLE Class D airspace, as indicated on Seattle Sectional, is 2,700ft. When close to KSLE I had to contact KSLE clearance to get confirmed for flying into Class D space but this didn't happen... I figured that RC knows my altitude and the ceiling of airspace around KSLE and since I was flying ABOVE that ceiling (i.e. in Class E airspce), I was not requested to contact KSLE clearance. Is this how RC works?!?Thanks!

Today I was flying VFR from KPDX (Portland, OR) to OR39 (Flying Tom, OR). As you can see, my route slightly crosses over KSLE (McNary Field, Salem, OR) which lies within Class D airspace. My altitude was 4,500ft while ceiling of KSLE Class D airspace, as indicated on Seattle Sectional, is 2,700ft. When close to KSLE I had to contact KSLE clearance to get confirmed for flying into Class D space but this didn't happen... I figured that RC knows my altitude and the ceiling of airspace around KSLE and since I was flying ABOVE that ceiling (i.e. in Class E airspce), I was not requested to contact KSLE clearance. Is this how RC works?!?Thanks!
RC4 as far as I know, does not support VFR only IFR