Sign in to follow this  
Guest rrossner

Miss advertised payware in the library?

Guest danowat

Hi,This will probably be moved to the file library forum, but I felt the it needed to be on a more pollulated forum.The new Dassualt Falcon package in the library is NOT time limited shareware, it is payware, you cannot install it without buying it first.Dan

Guest JDH

Suggest you email the File Librarians, it sounds like this shouldn't be in the library at all.It also doesn't look worth buying, share or payware.

Guest Jozef_K

Same for the b737ks_127868.zip Boeing 737-Next Generation Panel Project, Version 2.0License: Shareware, limited functionality Added: 2nd November 2003 Zip-file contains a "Software Utility Wrapper for ensuring a safe and pleasant online transaction". No shareware at all, you have to buy to see what you got.Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg

I did wonder about these files!! The 737 panel is also on flightsim.com ....... :-/

Guest JDH

Is anything being done about them?If they are not free or shareware, am I right in thinking they shouldn't be here?If they say they are shareware then are not, then someone should be off to giving the uploaders a stern telling off.

Guest Dakota

If this is a new trend, then it would be good bye to freeware and AVSIM. Who would want to take the time to download files if you don't even know if you have to pay for them or not. Sounds like pretty shady business practices and that should be stopped now! I wouldn't purchase anything from someone like that.

Guest rrossner

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You are correct in assuming that payware is not allowed in the library and the fact that they were listed as shareware is enough of an offence in it's self.We have removed those two files fromt library.Regards,Rick RossnerAVSIM Library Director

Guest rrossner

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You are correct in assuming that payware is not allowed in the library and the fact that they were listed as shareware is enough of an offence in it's self.We have removed those two files from the library.Regards,Rick RossnerAVSIM Library Director

Guest danowat

Hi,Yep, it was the same at flightsim.com, thats were I originally found it, 25mb for nothing, I was not best pleased.So what is AVSIM's stance on these matters?, the file in question was blatantly misleading, do AVSIM allow full blown payware in the library?.Would be interesting to knowDan.

Guest rrossner

Dan,We do not allow Payware in the library. For us even shareware is a real push but certinely not payware and especially not blatantly misleading as those files were.Rick

b737ks.zip is still payware in effect, isn't it?"AFTER THE BASIC INSTALLATION, YOU WILL NEED TO RUN AND INSTALL THE UPGRADE PACKAGE TO MAKE THE GLASS GAUGES FUNCTIONAL"So, in other words, this panel won't be of much use without payment ...... using the Flight 1 wrapper exe included.Defn of shareware - Copyrighted software available for downloading on a free, limited trial basis; if you decide to use the software, you're expected to register and pay a small fee. By doing this, you become eligible for assistance and updates from the author. Contrast to public domain software which is not copyrighted or to freeware which is copyrighted but requires no usage fee.(from www.oit.ohio-state.edu/glossary/gloss4.html)You have to pay in order to use this panel to any real extent ..... hmmm .... that isn't shareware!!!!!This needs to be cleared up once and for all: many file libraries have these files ..... and some of them may be using these free uploading sites for FREE advertising?

Guest Ed_S

using avsim to make money for themselve's???? HHmmmmmm?You would think they would at least give avsim a percentage for something?????Bandwidth?Advertising?Those tricky people trying to sneak thier wares into anyware..............Go figure...............

Guest cw1011

I'll send $10 to anyone who can mod the free part of the panel to work with my Reality XP Jetline 4 gauges...

Guest CargoMun

Hmm wonder if Ferdy has gone into making his own work these days and panels as such lol :D :D(just joking, no offence intended to the author of the panel... no really..) :D