Sign in to follow this  
aviaspotters

installation problems FSX

Hi all,For some time I've had a new PC, but until today I haven't found enough time to install FSX. But today I had a day off from school, so I had sufficient time to install FSX. Unfortunately I have some troubles with the installation. I hope you can help me, otherwise I'll have to say goodbye to this beautiful hobby icon_sad.gif.My PC has two harddisks, each 640GB large. First one is the C-drive with Windows 7 (64-bit) and other stuff installed, other one is the D-drive which is completely empty and meant for FSX. Prior to the installation I created a new folder on the D-drive, called 'sim'. This is the folder where FSX should go. Then I inserted CD 1 in my PC, I selected the right target map (D:\sim) and the installation started. After a while I was asked to insert CD 2. I did so and the installation continues. Then, when the installation was almost finished, I got the message to insert CD 2. I clicked OK (because CD 2 wass already in my PC), but the message did not go away. Even if I click a thousand times on OK, I'm still asked to insert CD 2. Ultimately I cancelled the installation, deleted all files on the D-drive, I restarted my PC and went for another chance. But first I created a new folder on the D-drive, called 'Flight Sim X'. I inserted CD 1 again and now selected the folder 'D:\Flight Sim X'. When the installation was almost finished, I got the message to insert CD 2 again. But CD 2 was already in my PC!I cancelled the installation again and when I wanted to delete all files from the D-drive, I noticed that almost all FSX files were in the folder called 'sim', but I did not select that folder for the second installation. In the folder 'Flight Sim X' there's only the folfer 'Fonts' and a HTML-file. I tried to find a solution: formatting D-drive, running a register cleaner, but nothing seems to help. Every time at the end of the installation I'm being asked to insert CD 2 while it's already in my PC. And every time almost all files are installed in the 'sim' folder, but I only created this folder at the very first time and removed it after the first installation failure. Is there anybody who can help me solving this problem? Many thanks in advance.Regards,Joost de Wit

I´m not knowing exactly what´s the matter, but I have some useful tips: 1. Check the forum. I think I´ve read this problem with FSX installing only the fonts in the prefered folder another time here on avsim, but I can´t recall it.2. Disable the UAC (User Account Controll).3. Try to run the setup.exe as admin, maybe there is a kind of security error.4. Try to install it in the default location. If this works, you can easily copy the FSX folder to the D drive.

Guest firehawk44
Hi all,For some time I've had a new PC, but until today I haven't found enough time to install FSX. But today I had a day off from school, so I had sufficient time to install FSX. Unfortunately I have some troubles with the installation. I hope you can help me, otherwise I'll have to say goodbye to this beautiful hobby icon_sad.gif.My PC has two harddisks, each 640GB large. First one is the C-drive with Windows 7 (64-bit) and other stuff installed, other one is the D-drive which is completely empty and meant for FSX. Prior to the installation I created a new folder on the D-drive, called 'sim'. This is the folder where FSX should go. Then I inserted CD 1 in my PC, I selected the right target map (D:\sim) and the installation started. After a while I was asked to insert CD 2. I did so and the installation continues. Then, when the installation was almost finished, I got the message to insert CD 2. I clicked OK (because CD 2 wass already in my PC), but the message did not go away. Even if I click a thousand times on OK, I'm still asked to insert CD 2. Ultimately I cancelled the installation, deleted all files on the D-drive, I restarted my PC and went for another chance. But first I created a new folder on the D-drive, called 'Flight Sim X'. I inserted CD 1 again and now selected the folder 'D:\Flight Sim X'. When the installation was almost finished, I got the message to insert CD 2 again. But CD 2 was already in my PC!I cancelled the installation again and when I wanted to delete all files from the D-drive, I noticed that almost all FSX files were in the folder called 'sim', but I did not select that folder for the second installation. In the folder 'Flight Sim X' there's only the folfer 'Fonts' and a HTML-file. I tried to find a solution: formatting D-drive, running a register cleaner, but nothing seems to help. Every time at the end of the installation I'm being asked to insert CD 2 while it's already in my PC. And every time almost all files are installed in the 'sim' folder, but I only created this folder at the very first time and removed it after the first installation failure. Is there anybody who can help me solving this problem? Many thanks in advance.Regards,Joost de Wit
Do you have Roxio's Easy CD Creator or Intervideo Burner programs installed? There is a known conflict between these programs and the FSX installer. You should uninstall these programs, install FSX, then reinstall.Best regards,Jim

Never mind, problem solved now. I ran the setup in the WinXP SP3 compability mode and it worked like a charm :). I just moved the fonts folder and the HTML to the 'sim' folder, seems to be OK. Thanks for your help.