Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

RC AI and missing waypoints

Hi,RC4.x (latest) and having it up to date with my scenery, I experience often that RC misses a waypoint I sure passed. Evertime I hear RC talking to a lot of AI in the area while I fly over a waypoint. I have timewarp at max of 2x That should not be the problem, right?So why is RC missing to recognise me flying directly over a waypoint? Why does talking to AI gets RC to miss waypoints and yelling at me for it?

Hi,RC4.x (latest) and having it up to date with my scenery, I experience often that RC misses a waypoint I sure passed. Evertime I hear RC talking to a lot of AI in the area while I fly over a waypoint. I have timewarp at max of 2x That should not be the problem, right?So why is RC missing to recognise me flying directly over a waypoint? Why does talking to AI gets RC to miss waypoints and yelling at me for it?
it's possible, at 2x, with pre-recorded chatter turned on, approaching a checkpoint, that you might not get credit for it. that's why i always recommend turning pre-recorded chatter off, fly at 1x, never at 4x.if you have pre-recorded chatter turned on, turn it off, and see if you make your checkpoints.jd

it's possible, at 2x, with pre-recorded chatter turned on, approaching a checkpoint, that you might not get credit for it. that's why i always recommend turning pre-recorded chatter off, fly at 1x, never at 4x.if you have pre-recorded chatter turned on, turn it off, and see if you make your checkpoints.jd
This just happened to me again today. It is always wigth the KLAS - KSAN Route. I'm flying at 1x speed, No recorded chatter on. ATC tells a bunch of AI planes that they are clear of traffic and then tells me I'm off course. Have had lnav on since taking off and hit all waypoints. Really frustrating to either have to turn around or just quit the flight.

Insure that if you are using an FMC that the waypoint locations are synchronized in sequence and location with the plan sent to RC. View the status section of the RC window to see what point is next and if you are on track to it for a matching heading.RC expects you to fly direct to the waypoint in the RC window as shown shown unless you are getting vectors. When you are released with a resume own navigation command then you are expected to fly direct from your present position to the waypoint shown and not return to your original path.If you are using terminal procedures from an FMC then the same waypoints must be in the RC plan. If your first waypoint is within thirty miles you'll get a take-off clearance of as filed. The same applies if preflight in the RC Controller screen you elected one of the two departure restriction types on the Controller page. In that case your heading will not be monitored but you will still need to cross those waypoints. Then as you get to the first waypoint outside of 30 nm as your next waypoint you'll get the resume own navigation command for a direct heading to that waypoint. Assuming that your FMC waypoints agree with the plan consider placing in the RC plan as the first waypoint sent to it one outside of the 30 nm radius. With one of the two restrictions in place it will not care how you got to it so your FMC terminal procedure waypoints within 30 nm don't count as far as RC is concerned.If you get an off-course message from RC and you missed a waypoint credit in the extended menu (9) choose Direct-to and then select the waypoint next in your sequence. This allows you to skip a missed credited waypoint without returning to it.RC does not care about what is in your nav equipment but only that you are following the plan you sent to it.

This just happened to me again today. It is always wigth the KLAS - KSAN Route. I'm flying at 1x speed, No recorded chatter on. ATC tells a bunch of AI planes that they are clear of traffic and then tells me I'm off course. Have had lnav on since taking off and hit all waypoints. Really frustrating to either have to turn around or just quit the flight.
did you have debug on? if so, send me the log, and tell me which checkpoint you missedif it happens all the time on a certain flight, turn debug on, BEFORE you load your plan, fly it, duplicate the issue, and send me the log. it will be easy to find what happened on your flight.you have to click debug before you load the plan, for the log to be any help.you know, you can request direct the next checkpoint? you don't have to turn around.jd