Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Morgan

ATC with OT and SanFran

Hi.Well, nearly there.My installation has one remaining fault. When I fly from a SanFran region airport and ask Approach for Vectors ILS to an OT airport she always comes back with '...this will be vectors direct, [XXX]'.For a while this was happening in all flights from all regions. I mostly cured it by finding a couple of fbo.cfg and fbo.cfs files with non-existent runways (something Fled seems to like doing) and editing them in notepad. It seems to have had a beneficial effect on the quantity and variety of AI too, presumably because the files now refer to so many more runways.I've been through my 171 airports (3 regions) and their cfg & cfs files all now appear to be correct but this problem remains when flying from the SanFran region. Before you reply by telling me to use Seattle region for the Outer terrain, I've been filing an IFR plan, requesting vectors ILS & direct and flight following from each region as part of testing new airports, ever since I started building them.Trouble is that I don't remember flights going smoothly from SanFran any more than I remember them failing in this way. It happens in my preferred installation but also in a clean installation with just the addons I've listed in various uploads. Is it normal? Does anyone know?I want to get on and play around with some aspects of FU2, but this is really gnawing at me now... I haven't had a proper recreational flight for weeks.Any help (or moral support) is appreciated.D

Hi Dave,Sorry can't help but just as moral support :-)Using my Switzerland region is also not without problems like:crashing during AI load phase at start at about 1 of 5 startscrashing during flights due to the same reason.At Geneva and Basle, the 2 large airports of the region AI just take off but never lands.exception: the small plane will land but not the heavy one.So you see I too have a lot to fix :-)If you own the UK-South region may be you can find solution there how it was done.There is a good traffic example and it's full working.Now currently I will first finish all elevation tiles of Seattle north up to Vancouver ( 80 tiles )will be uploaded when finish.Andre