Sign in to follow this  
ErnieAlston

737 Panel Confusion.....?

Guest Toni Rauch

Browsing over at Flightsim.com, I noticed a news item that Kevin Sparkuhl has just released version 2 of his 737 NG panel for FS2004.It's released under the name "Precision-Panels" which is clearly very close to the name "Precision Manuals" who also have a 737 NG panel available, with version 2 upgrade eagerly anticipated.The purpose of this thread is NOT to compare the software in any way or to suggest that the use of this name is wrong....It's simply to advise people after choosing what they want to be careful when downloading the panels to make sure they don't confuse the two and get 'the wrong one'.With such similar names and both offering a panel for the same aircraft, mistakes are easily made!Toni.

btw. you forgot to mention that the panel is payware. 10 bucks and it has an integrated Fligh1 installer ;)

Guest Ionizeyou

Hi Toni...Yeah, it does sound similar, but I didn't even think of them when deciding my name. They're always 99 percent of the time referred to as "PMDG" anyway, so what's in a name? Besides, after using my panel, believe me, there won't be any confusion between the two. Mine is meant to be as a stock replacement for "out of the box" panels, ones that look great and are easy to use... thus the nominal fee for purchasing it. As far as the shareware gaffe... I've already written Rick with my apology as this was my first venture with doing business with flight-sim software. It was an honest mistake and one that arose from misunderstanding the system. Hope this clarifies it...Thanks for the heads up and best regards to all!Kevin Sparkuhl