Sign in to follow this  
Chris Zubris

Small Problem Again....

Sirs: I recently installed PMDG 747-400 (FS2004 version) w / liveries. Now I need to uninstall liveries and Aircraft. My problem is I can't seem to find a way to uninstall the liveries.Their not in my "Uninstall a Program" file, which is where they normally are. For some reason there in my "Downloads" files. My question is "How to delete or uninstall them"Can someone explain the Uninstallation process of the Liveries.???? Thank You.....

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you have FS9. I'll leave my post in case it is of some use, but might be useless.

Go to your FSX folder, let me know if you don't know where it is. Open up SimObjects/Airplanes. For each of the PMDG747-400 and PMDG747-400F you will have to follow the following steps. Open the respective folder. 1. Delete all but three of the texture files, the three being "texture.GE/PW/RR" adding F at the end for freighter. 2. Open the Aircraft.cfg file. Delete all entrys from [fltsim.3] to the row before [General].Thats it. Remember to do it for both pax and /F version.
Edited by yos233

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Sir, yos233: I am running the FS2004 version shouldnt I go to those "cfg" files (not FSX) or will your quote work w / FS2004 for some reason. I dont want to start work on FSX which is running well. Will you're advice work on the FS2004 Liveries. There has to be a better way to uninstall these liveries. Thank you......

No, Im sorry. I gave you instructions for FSX that probobly will not work on FS2004. I have no experience in FS2004 so I don't know how similar the two are, or if it will work. Your best bet would be to wait for someone skilled in FS2004. Again, I apologize.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Have you used the installers to get the paints?If your installers are in the downloads folder, try running them and see if it asks you to either modify/ repair or remove, that means your installer knows the paint is installed.If that doesn't show, then all you need to do is go in your PMDG 744 and 744F folders and delete the paints manually. texture, texture.PW and texture.RR are the default folders if I am correct. As Eric said, after you delete those folders, go in the aircraft.cfg file and look for [fltsim 3] and delete everything until you reach [General].I had FS9 a long time ago and it works the same way regarding paints.Hope I was helpful!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Hello Sirs: Problem "solved" It worked great. It took less time than useing the Uninstaller. Now is this the process to uninstall or is their a way to use the "Uninstall a Program" feature. Maybe use the "Browser" to another Folder????... Thank You for the help Sirs..............