Sign in to follow this  
BenW

A couple of questions

Bryan,Well done on another great product - a few questions though:- you say that running pre-flight events is optional, although the only way I can get FS2Crew to start the countdown is to hit the 'run PF' button which if I'm at the gate ready for boarding is annoying as the FO does things like turn the IRS to Nav which I've already set up. If I want to start at the gate with the flight deck already set up for the Pre Flight Checklist, what do I need to do to start from this point? - I don't seem to get the 'set flaps up speed call', even though I'm fairly sure I've selected the NADP1 profile in the brief.- The marshaller doesn't work on my system. The button selector window appears when I press the button on the main FS2Crew panel and the actions work but the main marshaller window is black. I can post a screenie if you like but I'm sure I've done something wrong! Thanks BryanBen

I think the marshaller only works in windowed mode, not full screen. I also get a black screen when I try the marshaller in full screen mode. But it works perfectly in windowed mode.I've noticed that the FO, when going through his line up flow, calls "approach is clear" before switching on the tcas. Seemed unusual as we were in IMC

Ah I was trying it in full screen mode. I'll try it in windowed mode. I guess the 'approach is clear' call is hard coded in to the flow and can't take account of IMC or VFR conditions.

Hi Ben,1. Pre-Flight Events is optional. However, if you want the pre-flight events section to run (this basically all the events tied to the countdown timer), you need to press "Run PF Events".The countdown timer is a part of the pre-flight events section.2. Flaps up speed call: Select NADP 2 in the Dep Brief.3. Video Marshaller: In FS9, you can use Windowed and Full Screen mode. It's only in FSX where you are limited to Windowed mode due to some internal issues with FSX. If the video is not playing, you likely have a problem with Windows Media Player. Try repairing it or updating it to the latest version.Best,

Ah I was trying it in full screen mode. I'll try it in windowed mode. I guess the 'approach is clear' call is hard coded in to the flow and can't take account of IMC or VFR conditions.
Yes, 'Approach (or Final) is clear' during the FO's pre-takeoff actions is hard coded.Reading weather conditions (like what you're actually seeing outside the window, not what some METAR reports) is a bit iffy in FS9/FSX.

Cheers Bryan. I run FS9 on a Mac on bootcamp so Media Player might be having a brain fart. It does work in windowed mode but then FS9 hangs trying to get back to full screen mode. I'll see how I get on. I can still use it to disconnect and reconnect the GPU even with a blanked out window anyhow so it's not a show stopper. ThanksBen

Cheers Bryan. I run FS9 on a Mac on bootcamp so Media Player might be having a brain fart. It does work in windowed mode but then FS9 hangs trying to get back to full screen mode. I'll see how I get on. I can still use it to disconnect and reconnect the GPU even with a blanked out window anyhow so it's not a show stopper. ThanksBen
Hi Ben,The Video Marshaller is 'fluff'... he's not integral to the sim.So you're still good to go.Cheers,