Sign in to follow this  
boyderoo

Fs 2004 Machine +O/S+ Addons ?

Hi from UK , Just decided to Upgrade my FS2004 set up to something that "rocks"Hardware First - Looking for a new MoBo & Processor aiming at 3.4-3.6 GHz not neccessarily dual core as FS2004 is written for 1 coreGraphics card Not sure Probably a Geforce 1MB or 512Monitor will be 32 37 or 40 HD TV dependant on trials Operating System - decided to Keep XP as FS2004 / XP same EraNext is the Bits I've spent nearly 2 days looking intoI like the Heavy Metal so its
PMDG queen of Skies
(Voice Commander edition ???)Next Up is
FS2 Crew
for Co-pilot functions & Checklist calls V1 etcThen the Real Hard Bit
Ultimate Terrain Europe
to Improve the Daytime & Nightime View from cockpit
Flight Environment
For Clouds / water/ textures Day / Dusk / clouds (chosen over REX )Then I get into real trouble I want the airports to look "reasonable" and not sure if anything above does that? I use most airports in Uk so no good having heathrow extreme or the likes, I just really want ant UK or european airport to look better than the default FS2004
Mesh
-Do I need anything ???? ie
FS Global spec Edition
+
Ground Environment
?? (-improves Ulimate terrain???)So that is really about it All seem good for Frame RateWhat do you reckon guys Is it a reasonable choice what may i have got wrong Thanks in advance

I'm no expert on hardware but I run the following and run plenty of scenery add ons without a problem.e8600 (3.33ghz) but can easily be oc'dasus 5pql mobo4gb ramnvidia 9800gtIn terms of the add ons I would add Ground Environment Professional to your list. This improves the ground textures where are as Ultimate Terrain is the landclass (where these textures go). If you run both you get excellent scenery. UT tells FS where there should be roads, fields, coasts, rivers etc and Ground Environment Professional makes all of the afforementioned look better with better ground textures. Hope that helps.Kev

If you get ground environment pre you really should get land class as well to tell G.E. what to do. Then use the "sandwich" technique to combine the L.C. with ultimate terrain. The effect is stunning! Then set your visability to 30 miles to get rid of the ugly horizon, throw in some mesh, and thats as real as it gets my friend.

If you get ground environment pre you really should get land class as well to tell G.E. what to do. Then use the "sandwich" technique to combine the L.C. with ultimate terrain. The effect is stunning! Then set your visability to 30 miles to get rid of the ugly horizon, throw in some mesh, and thats as real as it gets my friend.
FSGlobal 2010 (for mesh) with Ultimate Terrain (for landclass)and Ground Environment Pro (for ground texture),I guess your FS couldn't be better :biggrin:For airplane,you like heavy metal then try PMDG MD-11 with FS2Crew , it will keep you busy for a while. Besides you can try iFly 737NG which I believe currently is the hottest add-on Anyway,for that computer I think you can throw almost everything into your FS

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Interim Report I have the AMD 560 Black 3.3Ghz Dual core 2G Patriot memory ASUS M/B Onboard Graphics at moment as I cant decide on 3 monitors or a 32 inch HD TV currently trialling the TV.My software goals are nowLevel D 767 (over FS2 crew and PMDG 747 QOS and iFLY ) I am relatively inexperienced this seems user friendly with helpful programs on the side to help with fuel and FMC loadingUltimate terrain Europe (Got )Mesh FS Global (over genesis )Textures Ground Environment ProREX (2004)some airports unknown at presentAI Traffic not a clue yet!!!!!Any Comments So Far???????