Is it possible to add a dme freq to an aircraft powered by someone else.....to be more specific my group uses a carrier and we fly aircraft around the ship at 150 nm away in a circle for patrols the 150nm is hard to do as you can't really know if your 150nm for sure So i kinda wanted to put in like a guage or something to add a dme

Is it possible to add a dme freq to an aircraft powered by someone else.....to be more specific my group uses a carrier and we fly aircraft around the ship at 150 nm away in a circle for patrols the 150nm is hard to do as you can't really know if your 150nm for sure So i kinda wanted to put in like a guage or something to add a dme
IF it isn't possible, here is a simple work-around that takes only a minimal amount of preparation - or none if you typically operate in specific regions.Create a minimal airport: airport designation and location and a vor. There are practically NO airports that start with the letter Q so you can create thousands without conflict. Do a direct-to with a GPS and it will always show heading and distance. IF the carrier is moving it'll still get you very close to the general area. Just share the airport file among the group.I use the minimal airport method to just create visible landmark labels.Loyd

IF it isn't possible, here is a simple work-around that takes only a minimal amount of preparation - or none if you typically operate in specific regions.Create a minimal airport: airport designation and location and a vor. There are practically NO airports that start with the letter Q so you can create thousands without conflict. Do a direct-to with a GPS and it will always show heading and distance. IF the carrier is moving it'll still get you very close to the general area. Just share the airport file among the group.I use the minimal airport method to just create visible landmark labels.Loyd
yeah but that would require that the carrier be static wheras ours is always moving....thanks for the advice tho