Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Creating a folder in Win 7

I have just re-installed Win 7 (new mobo), and have just started going through Nick's Win 7 optimization. I am about to install FSX onto a separate drive to the OS, but cannot see the command to create a new folder (the Win7 help says to right click and then select "new), but "new" doesn't feature in the right click list, for this or any other drive). the FSX install menu doesn't include a "new folder" item, and anyway I would like to be able to create one regardless of FSX. I am logged in as Administrator. I have not activated Win 7 yet, if that is the issue. In my prior instance of this OS there were several ways to create a new folder, including an item on the menu bar in "Computer". Any help much appreciated. Seems a dumb question, like "how do I turn the PC on". !! Thanks, Bruce.

I have just re-installed Win 7 (new mobo), and have just started going through Nick's Win 7 optimization. I am about to install FSX onto a separate drive to the OS, but cannot see the command to create a new folder (the Win7 help says to right click and then select "new), but "new" doesn't feature in the right click list, for this or any other drive). the FSX install menu doesn't include a "new folder" item, and anyway I would like to be able to create one regardless of FSX. I am logged in as Administrator. I have not activated Win 7 yet, if that is the issue. In my prior instance of this OS there were several ways to create a new folder, including an item on the menu bar in "Computer". Any help much appreciated. Seems a dumb question, like "how do I turn the PC on". !! Thanks, Bruce.
Bruce,Click the folder icon with the blue 'clip' on the left side of the task bar. Then scroll down to 'C' for instance. Highlight 'C' then right click, on the new menu there should be 'New' then hover your mouse pointer and then slide mouse pointer over to 'Folder'.jrocky

Bruce,Click the folder icon with the blue 'clip' on the left side of the task bar. Then scroll down to 'C' for instance. Highlight 'C' then right click, on the new menu there should be 'New' then hover your mouse pointer and then slide mouse pointer over to 'Folder'.jrocky
Thanks for this- I still need to set View/Folder Options too. I just can't recall having this problem the last time I installed Win 7 (although I did get horribly locked up with the security in this OS when trying to change system files last time!).Thanks, Bruce.